BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to lease a new X3 3.0 this weekend. I'll be trading in my '99 VW Jetta, for which I expect to get about $5,000 on a trade-in.

When using the simple payment calculator from the BMW website, I am getting a monthly lease payment of $342/month. The info I am using is as follows:
X3 3.0i with metallic paint, leather, automatic transmission (no charge), xenon, satellite radio prep = MSRP $39,795
Down payment = $2,500
Trade-in value = $5,000
36 months, 15K miles/year

How fair a deal is this for $342/month? How far down from that do you think I should be able to negotiate (if at all)? Your input & any other advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I didn't check your

I didn't check your numbers, but here is a bit of advice.

First, negotiate the price of the car first. You need to determine what a fair amount over invoice is? Ask your dealer or competing dealers if there are any Maco (advertising coop) fees? If so, how much? These numbers are specific to your market.

I would also suggest contacting several dealers, telling them you would like to know what is their best lease deal including the price of the car, the lease money factor and the acquisistion fee. You need to know all of the variables. Do not bring up your trade until all the variables are known. I would also suggest not putting that much money down on a lease. If you the car is totaled during the term of the lease that money will be gone. You would be better off putting the money in the bank & drawing down on it.

I would also recommend not rushing. It sounds like you are new to leasing and its an easy way to over-pay to the less informed. Good luck in your search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts