BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still a little confused about this lease end inspection.

I got the final inspection done & everything passed/signed off & the car is turned in to the dealer. I'm no longer responsible for it.

At this point, does BMWFS do their inspection too if the dealer decides not to keep the car?
Could BMWFS be more picky & find more issues with the car & charge me for something else?

Since the dealer signed off on it & I no longer have the car, I can't see them blaming me for anything at this point.
I'm only responsible for the charges that are on the final inspection form that we both signed. Correct?
I only had excess mileage fees.

· BMW
907 Posts
i'm still a little confused about this lease end inspection.

I got the final inspection done & everything passed/signed off & the car is turned in to the dealer. I'm no longer responsible for it.

At this point, does bmwfs do their inspection too if the dealer decides not to keep the car?
Could bmwfs be more picky & find more issues with the car & charge me for something else?

Since the dealer signed off on it & i no longer have the car, i can't see them blaming me for anything at this point.
I'm only responsible for the charges that are on the final inspection form that we both signed. Correct?
I only had excess mileage fees.
correct

· Hofmeister kink ftw!1!!1!
1,498 Posts
I'm quite certain that there is no "BMWFS inspection." First off, the dealership keeps most of the lease returns. If the dealer doesn't keep it, it goes to auction. BMWFS is 'in it' for the value between their depreciated basis, and what it will fetch at auction, or from the dealer. They have no reason or financial motivation to be inspecting the cars on that basis. If there is a problem with the car later, and it's sold by a BMW dealer as a used car, it's essentially the selling dealer's problem. If it goes to auction, it's sold "as is."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.