BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm curious as to what happens to a leased vehicle at the end of the lease, on the dealer side of things. My understanding is the dealer that receives the vehicle has the option to either buy it from the financing company (BMWFS) at a price lower than the residual amount, or send the car off for auctioning if they don't intend to sell it themselves.

Is that accurate, or am I way off in my understanding? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm not a dealer but my understanding is that the receiving dealer has the option to buy it off for a price lower than residual.

If the dealer declines, it goes to a BMW dealer only auction. If all dealers pass, then it goes to a general dealer auction.

If you are thinking about trying to negotiate with the receiving dealer, forget about it. There are a whole set of guidelines now that makes that almost impossible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read about a lot of changes surrounding lease buyout terms, but from what I gathered, all of that only applies if the original lessee is the one trying to purchase the leased vehicle. I have someone else interested in acquiring the car post-lease.

Do the new guidelines apply to other individuals as well?

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
I read about a lot of changes surrounding lease buyout terms, but from what I gathered, all of that only applies if the original lessee is the one trying to purchase the leased vehicle. I have someone else interested in acquiring the car post-lease.

Do the new guidelines apply to other individuals as well?
They look at the customer's addresses. There are also commercial databases that link people together.

Back the early '90's, in Virginia, there was a deadbeat in my large apartment complex with the same last name as me. Collection agencies would call me ten years later in Floriduh looking for the deadbeat. Then, I started getting mail in Florduh, addressed to the deadbeat, asking for her to bring her Toyota into the local dealership for service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts