BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the charge for mileage over that specified in the lease contract. I have 3 months left and will be over by roughly 4K miles. Should I call my CA and negotiate a lower rate? What are my options?

ML

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It probably is. If only I knew where the contract was. I thought I read on this forum somewhere that if you pre-pay the excess mileage before the lease is up you can buy the miles at a marginally lower rate. Not sure though.

ML

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
You didn't mention what model, but from your specs, I assume an e90.

20 cent/mile at lease end

16 cents/mile prior to lease end (not sure if at least 3 or 6-mths prior though, one of the dealer sponsors can definitely chime in.)

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
You didn't mention what model, but from your specs, I assume an e90.

20 cent/mile at lease end

16 cents/mile prior to lease end (not sure if at least 3 or 6-mths prior though, one of the dealer sponsors can definitely chime in.)
its 6 months.
up to 6 months before the end of the lease you can buy it at 16c per mile. after that to the end of the lease, 20c per mile.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
log into owner's circle (bmwusa.com) and they will fax you a copy of your lease agreement (usually same day)

contains disposition fee, cents per mile etc

·
sheriff of nothingham
257 Posts
[post deleted]

·
Registered
115 Posts
how much is it to buy more miles for an 08 m3 sedan? 6 mo before lease ends
i guess the earlier poster said 16 cents.....

now my question is, how much does it cost for e90 08 m3 per mile for the 1% residual for 2K or 2% residual for 5K a year?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess the earlier poster said 16 cents.....

now my question is, how much does it cost for e90 08 m3 per mile for the 1% residual for 2K or 2% residual for 5K a year?
I think it is about .12 a mile

·
Registered
256 Posts
its 6 months.
up to 6 months before the end of the lease you can buy it at 16c per mile. after that to the end of the lease, 20c per mile.
Not correct. According to BMW FS it's .16c(discounted rate) per mile 120 days before the lease ends, .20c at lease end. Discounted rates do not apply to the 7 series.

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
Not correct. According to BMW FS it's .16c(discounted rate) per mile 120 days before the lease ends, .20c at lease end. Discounted rates do not apply to the 7 series.
These are obviously not the rates for 7ers, but do you mean to say that there is no longer a discount for buying your 7er miles more than 120 days before lease end??

·
Registered
256 Posts
These are obviously not the rates for 7ers, but do you mean to say that there is no longer a discount for buying your 7er miles more than 120 days before lease end??
Correct. There are no discounts for buying miles through out the lease term of a 7, according to BMW FS.

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
Correct. There are no discounts for buying miles through out the lease term of a 7, according to BMW FS.
That is certainly not the case for my '08 lease [from https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Content/Accounts/BuyMiles.aspx website today, but perhaps it is the case for prospective purchases. Note, the link will only take you to the owner sign-in]:

What does it mean to buy more Lease miles?
More miles = more driving fun. So, you think that you might go over the number of miles in your lease contract? BMW Financial Services allows you to buy additional miles today, for up to a 20% savings, and enjoy more driving fun now without paying more later.

Why should I buy more miles?
Enjoy more miles of exhilarating driving behind the wheel of your BMW. Why worry about having to pay at the end of your lease for going over your allotted miles? Use the mileage calculator to estimate the number of additional miles you want to enjoy in your BMW and see how much you will save by purchasing them now.

What are the benefits?

* Cost Savings - Save up to 20 percent on additional lease miles by purchasing them ahead of time
* Flexibility - Additional miles can be purchased in one lump sum payment, or the total cost may be spread out over the remaining monthly payments.
* It's Easy! Everything you need to complete this process is available right here on the My Account website.

Don't delay! This service is available to you until you reach 4 months from the end of your lease. So purchase your additional miles today!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts