BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would most dealers prefer to lease you another car at lease end, or have you buy the car at lease end? If the residual was really aggressive, wouldn't it be possible to buy it for considerably less than the residual?

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
Would most dealers prefer to lease you another car at lease end, or have you buy the car at lease end? If the residual was really aggressive, wouldn't it be possible to buy it for considerably less than the residual?
Would they prefer 1 sale or 2? :)

If you turn in your car, they get to sell you a new car and possibly resell your old car assuming they decide to buy it from BMWFS.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You used to be able to get a good deal on your lease return - but BMWFS changed the rules of the game a few years ago and now its a bit harder. The dealer doesnt have any motivation to give you a deal on it, and as said above, dealer will prefer to sell you a new one and then put the return on the lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the perspective

Sarafil, ZoomVT,

Thanks. I'm still a ways from lease end, but I was wondering. I really like my 2016 528i, and was thinking maybe I should have bought it.

R

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sarafil, ZoomVT,

Thanks. I'm still a ways from lease end, but I was wondering. I really like my 2016 528i, and was thinking maybe I should have bought it.

R
With the market on 5's and how aggressive they're being discounted - be glad you leased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts