BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was contemplating not doing anything and taking the damage penalty, but I have no idea what it is.

How could I find that out? Someone at the dealer, or just figure the that the $450 body shop estimate is what I should go off of?

The reason I ask is I might aquire a $100 voucher I could use toward excess wear and tear, but if the fee will be some rediculous amount, I will just have it fixed and hold onto the voucher.

I understand the fees for replacement RFTs @ turn in are a fixed rate, and less than that of what they would cost to purchase one, and have it mounted and balanced, etc.

Thanks!

Have it fixed or leave it alone??

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IIRC the maximum penalty for bumper damage (ding, scratch, scuff --- small or large) is $450.
So there is some sort of sliding scale there? I don't want to wait until the pre-inspection as most reputable body shops around here have a good 3 week wait list for non-insurance claims.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,260 Posts
I think you are MUCH better off turning the car in with the scuff and letting the dealer deal with it. BMWFS has a flat rate charge for the bumper, and your dealer can tell you what it is when you do the pre inspection. If you return the car after taking it to a body shop, there is always the chance that you will get dinged because the paint doesn't match, there is overspray, etc.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
'Fest Dealer
244 Posts
I'd turn it in and use the credit.

Bumper charge is $400.

·
Registered
984 Posts
well im glad I bumped into this thread. So to confirm, regardless of the size of the damage on the bumper, the max charge is $450?

I had fairly ugly encounter with a very high curb and i have been putting off fixing it; i only have a year left, and if the max penalty is $450 then i'll take it.

they want to charge me $170 just to replace and paint a driver side mirror cover LOL; $450 for the bumper is not a bad deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.