BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Hope everyone is well. My Lease will end in September 2021 for a 3 series 2018 currently under the 15k a yr allowance.
I took it for a pre-inspection last moth at another dealer (not where I originally leased) and they looked at the car there is a little bit wear to the rim. This dealer’s inspector said “verbally” they could take care of it. I just took it in for maintenance the end of last month (again not the original dealer I leased from) and they said that there is a bend in my rim and recommended getting it fixed. If I plan on getting another BMW possibly CPO would I still need to get rim fixed before turning it or would bmw take care of it if I get another BMW? This my 2nd lease 1st not issue with the car not even sure how the rim got bent in the 1st place. But There is a BMW I’m interested in but it’s not from dealership that said they would take care of the tire nor is it where I get the car serviced. It is a different BMW dealership, but the sales person I talked to you didn’t really seem to know the answers to many questions example if I could return my car there, he told me I would have to return the car where I originally received the lease and take the car back to the original dealer ( I thought we could return to any dealer) he also didn’t seem to know about some of the features etc. so…I’m kind of worried about possibly getting the car from there now. Open any recommendations/suggestions on this situation or should I buy the car out?

Thanks!

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
Buy it out.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy it out.
Ok I have a couple other questions if you don’t mind.

You would still do a buy out even though this CPO has 13k and 1 owner carfax is clean and bmw only has a chip in windshield that was fixed and tire that was fixed.
I took it for a test drive, it drove good I didn’t hear or feel any issue while driving. If I take this route would I still be responsible for the rim. The salesman at BMW said inspection for leases is just on outside for dents scratches and tires and interior and they don’t drive them. And he stated that wouldn’t need to get rim fixed. I’m not sure how true that is. Or do they just tack on your next purchase.

- Buy Out option
Do you mind giving your reasoning for the suggesting taking the buy out route?
If I buy it out, would I buy it out as is or would they have me to get the rim fixed 1st?

Thanks

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
You seem to have two different cars in YOUR mind, but it isnt clear to me which you are discussing...

Which has the bad rim, the CPO yopu drove or your lease return (you combine this in one run on sentence...) which car has a chip? which car had the tire replaced and why?

With a buy out, you KNOW what that car has been through. You CANNOT know this for a used car. IMO this can be worth A LOT.

How many miles on your lease return?

What is the buy our price? What is the CPO price?

Finally if you buy the lease out for the agreed upon value, there is NO inspection at all- send the check in the mail, title comes in the mail. (If a salesman, who was trying to sell you a CPO told you otherwise, he is trying to sell a car...)

I am a buy and hold guy, unless you are rich. Buy, drive it until it is 10 years old, find something else that excites you. Once you have a house paid for, retirement funded and kids college funded, then piss away 1000 a month on leases. Its philosophical I guess...

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You seem to have two different cars in YOUR mind, but it isnt clear to me which you are discussing...

Which has the bad rim, the CPO yopu drove or your lease return (you combine this in one run on sentence...) which car has a chip? which car had the tire replaced and why?

With a buy out, you KNOW what that car has been through. You CANNOT know this for a used car. IMO this can be worth A LOT.

Finally if you buy the lease out for the agreed upon value, there is NO inspection at all- send the check in the mail, title comes in the mail. (If a salesman, who was trying to sell you a CPO told you otherwise, he is trying to sell a car...)

I am a buy and hold guy, unless you are rich. Buy, drive it until it is 10 years old, find something else that excites you. Once you have a house paid for, retirement funded and kids college funded, then piss away 1000 a month on leases. Its philosophical I guess...

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Sorry about that, my car is a 320xi has a slight bend in the the rim, was recommended to be replace. It currently has 32k mi on it right now( I’ve been driving less since I’m working from home). My allowed miles are 15k mi a yr so I have till around 48k mi total till September 2021.
Buy out price for my car is $27k ish with 32k mi quoted last month when I did a pre-inspection.

The CPO had a windshield chip and wheel repaired, not the tire (image below, my apologies). They were all fixed according to the CPO sheet online.
They said it was driven by a BMW employee in NJ, I’m in OH. It’s a 330ix 2018 their asking price is $35k with 13k mi.
If I go this route would I still need to get my current car’s rim repair it before I turn it in? Or do you think BMW would be willing to work anything out if I’m getting into another BMW.?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.