BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

With tomorrow being last day of the month, pressure is on, so to speak. Just looking for some input on the following options:

(1) Lease 2011 M3 Sedan, MSRP $69,700 for $960 per month (everything included), 36 mos. 12,000 miles. Due at signing is first month, Acq fee ($925) doc fee and registration

(2) Buy 2008 CPO M3, $69,445 initial MSRP, 26,000 miles. $49.5k

(3) Buy 2008 M3 (not CPO), 18,000 miles. $47k (don't know initial sticker)

(4) Buy 2009 M3 (not CPO), 10,000 miles. Initial sticker $72k+, $56k. Sold my non-BMW dealer.

My original inclination was to go pre-owned--but I am hesitant. I had a 95 M3 Coupe that was great to me but not so sure??

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
If it helps, my CA tells me the March numbers are actually March/April numbers and, as such, are actually good thru May 2. YMMV.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What is the sale price of the sedan? Invoice?
The money factor at .0020 is not great. I think residual at 12k is 60% for 36.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sale price is $65,540. Residual is 60%. Money factor they quoted was .0022. $925 Acquisition fee, Doc fee, Registration due at signing.

If I did in fact do a lease I would do the MSD program to drive whatever money factor we agree upon downward.

The quoted price appears to be about $1,400 OVER true invoice (MSRP is based on pre-Jan 1 pricing).

·
smooth like butter
1,541 Posts
The BMW M3 is the most reliable vehicle in the BMW line up - at par with the Toyotas. The only downside is that some pre-owned M3's may have had a hard life and/or tracked -- I'd check service history for clues to this.

My vote: pre-owned CPO.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They are bumping the MF by .02 on you, which is common. Its .0020. They also bumped up the acq fee by 200 on you - another common tactic, should be $725.
Also you should be able to get the car for close to invoice. I just ordered one for $500 under invoice.

So, I think you can get a better deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We basically are to the point where my closest dealer will do the M3 Sedan under invoice, but is holding firm at .0022 factor and the $925 Acq. cost.

Am I going on a wild goose chase to find that one dealer willing to do under invoice pricing along with a factor of .0020 and a $725 Acq. cost OR is my dealer more the exception rather than the rule?

·
Registered
248 Posts
You should run a lease calculator to see how much the .02 increase will cost you over the term of the lease. Unless he is way under invoice, I would demand .020. Unless he is the only dealer around, I would shop the deal with the proper numbers. I don't know if they changed for april, but I doubt it. The 200 acq fee bump is no big deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts