BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten their money out of BMWs lease protection? Dealer is looking to get $1,275. Any idea how much room for negotiation there is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Has anyone gotten their money out of BMWs lease protection? Dealer is looking to get $1,275. Any idea how much room for negotiation there is?

Thanks!
Do you mean the BMW sponsored 5k damage lease protection plan offered in the US? That price is in range of what I was quoted.

I took it on my 2013 335. I did not know if I would have the finances to pay for perceived damages, since it was my first BMW lease. Basically I was scared.

It provided peace of mind for damage on lease return. If you have the plan, the dealer will ding you for each item because BMW will pay for it. Chances are pretty good you will have to replace tires before the end of the lease (or drive on balding tires).

Tires are $400 each under lease damage protection return, and worn tires can be counted ( so you can return the car with worn tires). Scratches to a panel bigger than a certain size are $400 a panel.

Its possible to get $1275 out of the plan, but you dont buy a plan like that because you are worried about getting the value out of it... you purchase it because you dont want to worry about lease return. The value is more the peace of mind.

I did not purchase it on my 2016 leases as I am much more comfortable in my ability to pay for any damages. Couple this with the fact that I did the full MSDs this time, and I feel I am basically "self insured" by the MSDs.

Just how I chose to look at it this time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts