BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I apologize in advance if this issue has been addressed elsewhere and I just missed it.

So, anyway, a few weeks back, I applied for credit on-line at BMWUSA, and got an approval number. I called my dealer, let him know the approval number . . . they were like "great," entered it into their system, and then placed the order for my X3. (I wanted a 6-speed manual and they couldn't otherwise find one in the configuration I wanted.)

Just a couple of days ago, the X3 finally arrived at the dealer -- they let me know -- and I'm planning on going down there next week to pick it up. (I would have gone already, but it's about 130 miles away.)

In the past couple of days, I've e-mailed the dealer twice to basically say, "Hey, before I spend 2.5 hours driving down there, can you just confirm for me that everything is 'still a go' and that the previous approval is still good?" Oddly, no response whatsoever in over 48 hours (from two different people at the dealership). Maybe they're just busy and I'm not a priority since I'm basically a "sale" already made . . . I really don't know. I just know they haven't responded.

So, yesterday, out of curiosity, I phoned BMWFS and tried to track it down from that angle . . . again, just wanting to confirm that my already-received approval was still good. To my surprise, the people at BMWFS acted as if I was speaking a foreign language and were more or less like, "Well, until you work out a deal with the dealer, you're not in our system and we have no idea who you are."

It just seems like a strange situation for BMWFS to claim to have no idea who I am when I thought they were the ones who issued my approval number . . . or is that not how it works? I would just be appreciative of whatever thoughts you folks have as to what might be going on. Does the approval I applied for and received on-line basically mean nothing, and I have to go through the whole rigamarole separately with the dealer again, or what?

This will be my first BMW (and my first lease), so I just have no experience, directly, as to how this all works.

Thanks in advance!

·
Migrated to the X5 SAV
899 Posts
Call the dealer back & ask for the Sales Manager, or the General Manager.

Tell him/her that you've attempted to contact your Salesperson twice, ask "Are they Still working there? you haven't heard back from them..."

Is that the closest dealer?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Somebody is going to be in some hot water especially if they're sitting on a manual x3 they aren't going to be able to sell.

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
In the past couple of days, I've e-mailed the dealer twice to basically say, "Hey, before I spend 2.5 hours driving down there, can you just confirm for me that everything is 'still a go' and that the previous approval is still good?" Oddly, no response whatsoever in over 48 hours (from two different people at the dealership). Maybe they're just busy and I'm not a priority since I'm basically a "sale" already made . . . I really don't know. I just know they haven't responded.

Just pick up the phone..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Oddly enough, within 2 hours of me posting this thread, I got an e-mail from the sales manager saying all was good to go, and that I need nothing more than my original BMWFS approval number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts