BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking leasing the 2017 X3. You guys could have experience of leasing bmw before so i have some question to ask. Thanks.

1. Should i lease a fully loaded car?
2. What to look for when leasing?
3. What to look for when lease end near?
4. Should i consider BMW Select financing?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I'm thinking leasing the 2017 X3. You guys could have experience of leasing bmw before so i have some question to ask. Thanks.

1. Should i lease a fully loaded car?
2. What to look for when leasing?
3. What to look for when lease end near?
4. Should i consider BMW Select financing?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Did you read the leasing 101 thread in this section, stickied at the top? Start there, if not.

1. Doesnt really matter, however the lower lease payment relative to purchase payment sometimes lets people get a more loaded car. Since leasing only pays for a portion of the car instead of the whole car (renting it), you can either have a lower payment for the same car, or the same payment for "more" car. On the downside you never own anything and have to be willing to be on the lease treadmill.

2. Read the sticky thread I mentioned.

3. Read the sticky thread I mentioned (ask a specific question here if there is something you dont understand about lease return.. this question is too general for me to address)

4. BMW select is sort of like owners choice that is available in states that charge the tax up front (like texas). you are not leasing, you are purchasing the car with a ballon payment on the back end. I cant think of any reason why someone in california would do BMW select instead of a traditional lease. You own it in BMW select ( so can make modifications ), and have a balloon payment due at the end of the term (instead of just turing it back in).

I never really looked into it because I dont know why you would use this in california. Either lease the car, or buy it. In texas or states where the tax is paid up front on leases (entire tax) these programs make sense.

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
Hey OP... let's talk and try and make this easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts