BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you (the customer) deal on lease rates? They have a deal here on the 2005 325i exec edition, I think 5000$ down and 345$ a month (canadian dollars)... my question is, is that price final? Or can you dicker down some... if so, how do you go about approaching it. I know nothing of leases

·
Instant Lease Quotes
556 Posts
There are three components that make up a lease payment.

Residual Value, Money Factor and Vehicle Purchase Price.

In general you want the Money Factor and Purchase Price as low as possible and the residual to be close to the end of lease market value.

Money Factors can be negotiated down to the base rate. The base rates are posted here on the forum but keep in ming they may vary by region. Compare different dealers to see how low they will go on the rate while at the same time negotiating the Purchase Price.

The Residual Value is determined by the lender and can only be changed by adjusting your mileage allowance.

·
Registered
726 Posts
LeaseCompare said:
Money Factors can be negotiated down to the base rate. The base rates are posted here on the forum but keep in mind they may vary by region. Compare different dealers to see how low they will go on the rate while at the same time negotiating the Purchase Price.
In Canada, the interest rate on the Exec Edition has been subsidized by BMW Canada to 3.5%. The only way to get a reduction on this is via the loyalty credit: if you are a previous client of BMW FS (min six mos. into an existing contract, and max 180 days after maturity (I think, not at work right now....) of either a lease or finance (including Owner's Choice) contract), then you can qualify for a reduction of 0.5% in the rate.

As your Sales consultant (or use the payment calculator on bmw.ca) to show you the difference in the residual percentage between a 325i non EE and the 325i EE. The difference is 5 percent higher on the EE, IIRC. This makes the payment difference fairly large between an EE (lower), and non EE (higher) 325i.

ps, the limited time, advertised payment for a 2005 325i EE with manual trans on bmw.ca is $395.00/mo + taxes for 39mos/65kms, based on:
1) $3950 down
2) plus freight/pdi
3) + first payment
4) + security deposit (one month's payment including tax rounded up to the next $50)
5) + fees (registration/admin fee, lien reg, provincial enviro tax (not sure what the Ont specific ones are, in Alberta $20 for tire recycling fee)
6) + taxes on (1), (2), (3) and (5) (in Alberta, the lien reg fee is non gst applicable, but the tire recycle fee is :rolleyes: )

The only option available on a 325i EE is the auto w/step, and it comes in three colours only, Ti Silver, Silver Grey, and Black Sapphire, all on black leatherette. The manual tranny versions of this car are becoming increasingly rare, and the xi version is essentially sold out. If your retailer has any of these left (i manual, or xi either trans), consider yourself lucky to have found one this late, and govern your purchase timing accordingly.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
neill said:
In Canada, the interest rate on the Exec Edition has been subsidized by BMW Canada to 3.5%. The only way to get a reduction on this is via the loyalty credit: if you are a previous client of BMW FS (min six mos. into an existing contract, and max 180 days after maturity (I think, not at work right now....) of either a lease or finance (including Owner's Choice) contract), then you can qualify for a reduction of 0.5% in the rate.

As your Sales consultant (or use the payment calculator on bmw.ca) to show you the difference in the residual percentage between a 325i non EE and the 325i EE. The difference is 5 percent higher on the EE, IIRC. This makes the payment difference fairly large between an EE (lower), and non EE (higher) 325i.

ps, the limited time, advertised payment for a 2005 325i EE with manual trans on bmw.ca is $395.00/mo + taxes for 39mos/65kms, based on:
1) $3950 down
2) plus freight/pdi
3) + first payment
4) + security deposit (one month's payment including tax rounded up to the next $50)
5) + fees (registration/admin fee, lien reg, provincial enviro tax (not sure what the Ont specific ones are, in Alberta $20 for tire recycling fee)
6) + taxes on (1), (2), (3) and (5) (in Alberta, the lien reg fee is non gst applicable, but the tire recycle fee is :rolleyes: )

The only option available on a 325i EE is the auto w/step, and it comes in three colours only, Ti Silver, Silver Grey, and Black Sapphire, all on black leatherette. The manual tranny versions of this car are becoming increasingly rare, and the xi version is essentially sold out. If your retailer has any of these left (i manual, or xi either trans), consider yourself lucky to have found one this late, and govern your purchase timing accordingly.
Thanks for the information, BMW of Mississauga is offering the 325i EE for 345$/month. This seems almost too good to be true, I wonder if what they're willing to sell the 325i non EE for.

Do you know if the e90 320 is coming to Canada? I haven't seen any info on it

·
Registered
726 Posts
jstalin said:
Thanks for the information, BMW of Mississauga is offering the 325i EE for 345$/month. This seems almost too good to be true, I wonder if what they're willing to sell the 325i non EE for.
Non EE's unfortunately do not lease out as well, as the residual is at least 5% less (IIRC), plus they are more $ to begin with. According to the folks that have been at our dealership for a while, the payment on the EE is the lowest payment seen for quite a while.

Based on the same 3950 + frt/pdi CCR, 345/mo is a great deal for 39mos/65k $50 x 39 payments = $1950 additional discount (actual discount is less, due to interest, but this allows for quick math calcs.....)

Do they actually still have manual EE's left? :yikes: A very rare duck out west.....

jstalin said:
Do you know if the e90 320 is coming to Canada? I haven't seen any info on it
Production is slated to begin in Sept this fall, but no order/price info yet.....

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
jstalin said:
Can you (the customer) deal on lease rates? They have a deal here on the 2005 325i exec edition, I think 5000$ down and 345$ a month (canadian dollars)... my question is, is that price final? Or can you dicker down some... if so, how do you go about approaching it. I know nothing of leases
Before you do anything do a search on this site and research what term, cap, residual and MF's are and how they come together to form your payment.

DO NOT lease until you know what the exact value of each of these factors are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts