BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?!

My lease is up in 35 days. My LAST payment of $460 is due in a week but after i JUST found out about the AIRBAG recall, i suddenly do NOT wish to drive my car because I have 3 kids, one who also sits in the passenger side, which could potentially be unsafe to my 10 year old child.

IS THERE AN OPTION to TURN IN MY CAR 1 month EARLY!??!?! can i use the airbag recall as a reason? I just feel my car is SO unsafe and NOT worth paying another month over!

Please give me good advice.

do i need to pay for a disposition fee, any way they can waive it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Phone them. But it sounds like a mild over reaction. Can you jay swap with your partner of family member for the remaining time?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?!

My lease is up in 35 days. My LAST payment of $460 is due in a week but after i JUST found out about the AIRBAG recall, i suddenly do NOT wish to drive my car because I have 3 kids, one who also sits in the passenger side, which could potentially be unsafe to my 10 year old child.

IS THERE AN OPTION to TURN IN MY CAR 1 month EARLY!??!?! can i use the airbag recall as a reason? I just feel my car is SO unsafe and NOT worth paying another month over!

Please give me good advice.

do i need to pay for a disposition fee, any way they can waive it?
Take a deep breath.....

2nd, to answer your question, you "might" be able to take your car to the dealer and get a loaner for the period of time that your lease runs through, especially since it is just 1 month. NOTE, it may NOT be a BMW.

Of course, given the tone of your post, it is unlikely that you would care what kind of car it is, as long as it is not subject to the airbag recall.

There was a big program around this, but it expired at the end of june. They are now receiving parts for these cars. If you contact your service department and tell them your car is affected by the vin recall, they might be able to give you a loaner until its either fixed, or your lease ends, since that is like 4-5 weeks away.

3rd, you will need to check your VIN online to see if your car is even subject to the recall.

4th, if you were thinking about getting a new BMW, then yes absolutely you can get out of it right now, with a lease pull ahead. Your local BMW dealer will be happy to waive the last payment, and help you get into a new BMW that does not have a current airbag recall.

If you choose to get a new BMW, not only can you get the last payment waived, you will not pay a disposition fee (although this has nothing to do with the airbag recall and is standard policy).

If you get a loaner vehicle, and do NOT get a new BMW, you will need to pay the lease disposition fee. You can call and try to negotiate it away, but you will likely pay it (as you will be moving from the brand at that point... not much reason for them to waive it for you, but you never know)

5th. Whether you choose a BMW or not, keep in mind that there are currently something like 85 MILLION cars recalled under this recall, from pretty much EVERY manufacturer that you might consider buying / leasing a car from. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, GM, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, etc etc etc etc. They ALL have cars subject to this. Choose carefully.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

Our 2014 X1 lease will end on early September, since BMW has terminate the lease-extended program for air bag effected X1 now, does anyone has recently buyback at their lease end? Wonder if we'll have to pay the exact amount at the residual or is there anyone successfully to negotiate a better price with the local dealer for buyback?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Hi,

Our 2014 X1 lease will end on early September, since BMW has terminate the lease-extended program for air bag effected X1 now, does anyone has recently buyback at their lease end? Wonder if we'll have to pay the exact amount at the residual or is there anyone successfully to negotiate a better price with the local dealer for buyback?

Thanks!
If you are seeking to purchase your X1 at the end of your lease and it still has an outstanding air bag recall, you still cannot as the stop sale has not been lifted.

The exception would be if your dealer can get you the interim airbag fix before the end of the lease. You will need to first contact your service department to see if you are under the recall and when they could get you the interim replacement.

Michael

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are seeking to purchase your X1 at the end of your lease and it still has an outstanding air bag recall, you still cannot as the stop sale has not been lifted.

The exception would be if your dealer can get you the interim airbag fix before the end of the lease. You will need to first contact your service department to see if you are under the recall and when they could get you the interim replacement.

Michael
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information, yes, our X1 is under the recall, but I have contacted the BMW financial last week, they told that if we decided to purchase the car, they can expedite the process for interim fix so that they can release the car for sale.

But I want to know if it's easy to buy the car from dealer with lower cost than the residual set on the contract these days...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts