BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title really says it all. I have a few things coming up and, for now, I would be better off getting out of my current lease and getting another BMW in a year or two. So, I have my car listed on SwapaLease.com and I wanted to post it up here as well.

This is an 08 335xi:

Sparkling Graphite
Terra
Aluminum Trim
6MT
Premium
Sport w/ 18s
Cold Weather
Navigation
Comfort Access
Sirius
iPOD

The lease is through Dec-2010 and it is for 15k/year. Right now I have about 6k on the car, so it works out to be about 1200/month from here.

For monthly payment information, etc, please PM me and we can go over the details in private as I don't want to start price debates. However, I will say, the monthly payments are good considering the options and the fact that you do not have to put anything down (except the transfer fee ~400) as you just assume the lease.

I am located in central NJ and am willing to travel a bit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone recommended posting the lease payment information, so here it is...

The monthly payment is $711 with 15k miles / year. There is one security deposit that, I assume, gets returned to the final lessee. Although I have seen people get lower montlhy payments, this deal requires no money out of pocket (except the lease transfer fee) and the lessee will get the security deposit at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will say that one of the shortcomings of being able to order any combination of options is that it can be harder to sell a car. While I love my options, not everyone does. I have a mix of sport and luxury with these options and I am finding it a bit hard to find someone that wants both. Usually people aim in one direction of the other. I think one of my best and worst options is the 6MT. Most owners would prefer the Auto, but those who really like the sport aspect of the 335 would chose the 6MT. I hope to move this soon, but so far no luck. I have tossed around the idea of giving an incentive, but I think the lease is a good deal as is considering it is basically $0 out of pocket and no waiting to take this car. I wish I could have found something like this when I was shopping for a car. Knowing about this lease swap thing now, I might shop lease swaps before I actually head to a dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 6MT will get you. When you find the right person,they will love the fact it is a 6mt, but it's hard to find them.
So let me get this straight - Your MSRP was about $50,450 and your residual is probably about $30,774. Your MF is probably about 0.002 or 0.0021 and your out of pocket was about $1500. I think $711 is a bit high considering I could get exactly what I would want for the same price today and I would only be out the $1000 (the difference between yoru out of pocket and the $400 I would send to transfer the lease).

By the way, this is a great car. I'd be very interested in it at $600 a month, but that is a huge incentive.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
your prob isnt the 6sp its the xi and the 6spd...dont really go well... But good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not too concerned about moving this car. If it goes, it goes, if not then I will just keep driving it. I am not in the position where I have to get rid of this car. And yes, the monthly payment might look high, but I did not pay much over invoice and all fees and MF are at the minimum. Plus, the lessee will get my security deposit back (750), so really there is no out of pocket, you actually make 350 on the exchange. That and if the rumors are right, the residuals might chagne for the worse this month, but who knows, they are, after all, rumors.

I am not opposed to an incentive, but it would depend on the situation and how much I want to move the car. Dropping the price to $600 would probably be a stretch right now considering the number of payments left.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sport 18s and XI??? How does that go? Your lease payment is a bit high to attract a crowd. I think at 650, people will jump.
To get the sport tires, you have to add them on as an option. Right now, I am not set on adding a general incentive. I think the current payment is fair and I am not interested in low-balling myself. However, as they say, money talks. If someone has an interest and bring a proposal to the table, I will entertain the proposal. Also, as I mentioned before, the new lessee gets my 750 back at the end of the lease and the lease transfer fee is only ~400 or so.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok. In an effort to move this car within the next month, I will add in a $1000 incentive. This will lower the payment to about $675 / month with NJ tax. I really want to move this car soon and moving it within the month will increase my overall savings, even with the incentive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you tried putting it on Leasetrader.com? I know a lot of people especially BMW salespeople suggest the leaseswap website and I have never heard of any success from it. I have used the leasetrader personally to get rid of my 2004 M3 cab and it was less than 60 days and the buyer fully assumed the lease and it was off my credit. They did an exceptional job and I was very impressed. By brother in law suggested them as he put his Boxster on their site and had successful results as well. The dealer I bought it from would give me $53k for it and I owed $61k...how kind of them! I was able to get out from under the car for less than a grand.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have it on swap-a-lease, but I might add it to lease trader as well. That would maximize my marketing. It has been about 1 month or so since I put it up, but I really want to move it fast. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to provide an update:

I have/had someone interested in the car, but it seems that my payments do not include tax, so the deal might not go through (I think in NJ the payment is as stated, but out of state changes).

Anyway, I really want to move this car soon, so I am tossing in a larger incentive that will bring the payment down to $630 / month + any applicable state taxes. The incentive will be $1750 cash and $750 that will be returned as a security deposit at the end of the lease.

Like I said, I might have a buyer, but there is a chance that deal might fall through, so I am being proactive and posting here. Send me a PM if you are interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.