BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone to take over the remaining 17 months on my two year lease. The lease is an ED lease where I got 500 over invoice, so the payment is low. We have 10k miles/year and have used 3500 in the first seven months. We found a great deal on an M coupe and we are looking to switch over to that.

I'm in the Bay Area, in the peninsula. I love the car, its spotless..etc, etc. First taker gets the car unless someone who comes afterwards offers me a premium over a straight-lease assumption, which is possible given the payment is a ridiculously low 430/mo including tax.

Options:
Leather
Sport Package
5-speed Manual
Fold-Down Rear Seats

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Great car/deal, but I'm not sure I understand your offer. Are you suggesting that if you agree to terms (i.e., someone offers to take over your lease payment of $430/mth plus taxes), you're free to back out if you get a better offer before you consummate the original offer you've accepted? Does that seem like an ethical way to conduct business to you? Maybe I'm misunderstanding...

:dunno:

First taker gets the car unless someone who comes afterwards offers me a premium over a straight-lease assumption, which is possible given the payment is a ridiculously low 430/mo including tax.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, sorry for the confusion...i did not mean that at all. Usually, whenever I put something up for sale online, I will give priority to the first person who responds who wants the thing for sale.

Here, there is a great possibility that someone will offer me a premium for the car. For that reason, if I get a later offer for a premium (obviously before I've agreed to any terms with anyone) I reserve the right to consider it.

That was by way of disclosure at the outset so that people who just offer the lease assumption know that there is a chance that I could go with someone who makes a higher offer regardless of whether they were first.

Thanks for clarifying.

·
Petrolhead
340 Posts
Wow, that is a really good deal. BMW wouldn't let you out of the lease early to take a new car? I think I've heard of that before, but I might be thinking of another make.

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,778 Posts
Are sport package and fold down rear seats the only options? Are you asking the other party to pay the $450 assumption fee? +2 on pics!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Agreed, let's see pics and a confirmation that those are truly the only options.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm at work but can post pics tonight. Leather, Sport Package, and Fold-Down seats are "truly" the only options. I am looking for someone to pay the assumption fee and I'm prepaid through June, so we would have to work that out depending on when this person takes delivery.

I'm not looking to do an out-of-state deal because I do not have the time to follow through on all the logistics. Strictly local please.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greetings, I agree with others, the car sounds great. Is it a 4 door or a 2 door? Also, what color is it? What about the end-of-lease payoff amount? Thanks!
I checked and the end of lease payoff amount is 32138.20.

The deal as it stands now is this:

My lease is prepaid until the end of June. The person assuming the lease would give me the balance of these prepayments to me calculated on the delivery and resume paying BMWFS at the end of June. (430/mo). This is not a down payment, it is instead of paying BMW for May and June.

The person assuming the lease would need to pay me my security deposit back (450) and they would get mine at the end of the lease.

The person assuming the lease would need to pay the assumption paperwork fee to get things started so I know you are serious and we both have a vested interest in seeing the deal close (470).

The process is the following:
1) I call BMWFS with your name, they email you a credit check which you fill out online.
2) If you are approved, they will send me paperwork to sign and notarize. I will send you this paperwork after I am done, which you will sign and get notarized. You will also need to send BMWFS a copy of your license and proof that you have taken out a suitable insurance policy on the car to cover your liability.
3) BMWFS checks everything out, mails us both final paperwork and the car changes hands.

I prefer locals because it is easier to get the paperwork turned around quickly (we turned the M papers in two days), but I am willing to work with people who are willing to turn the papers quickly and who will come up to the Bay Area to pick up the car. I have a few interested parties, but no one has locked anything in.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
183 Posts
is this sold?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.