BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Hey guys,

I wanted to see what you guys think of the current market and if its likely that trading your lease on one of those lease trade sites would be a good idea in the next year.
My guess, if the current economic trends continue, as they are expected to, A LOT of people will be looking to get out of leases they can no longer afford - so these sites will be flooded. It'll be a buyer's (err, lease assumer's) market - and people trying to get out of leases will be dropping their pants. You're best off planning to keep your leased car.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
If you want to get out of a lease, you are going to have to price it to be attractive. If you think that you will be able to just list your car and have someone take it off your hands at the contract payment rate, forget it.

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
Well it comes down to your motivation.

If you're paycheck to paycheck, and you lost your job, I think its a good idea. Likewise if your circumstances changed where your commute went from 2 miles a day to 80 miles, and your lease mileage is limited.

Conversely, if you want to make money over flipping a lease, I'd say its not worth the effort and risk. Easier way to make a buck or two.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Likewise if your circumstances changed where your commute went from 2 miles a day to 80 miles, and your lease mileage is limited.
Actually the converse happened to me. I now take the bus instead of a 60-mile RT commute.

Every time I think about it, I'm so glad that I'm on a 24-mth lease. I only have 13-pmts to go.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
You want to get rid of the car/payments? What will you get after the lease ends?
LOL no I'm keeping it until the end of the lease.

Not sure, maybe a 328 CPO or back to an old boring Honda Accord or Acura? :dunno:

No point in having a 35 to drive on the weekends only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts