BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
My lease has about a year and maybe 10,000 miles to go. I've gone over in the past so I'm not concerned about paying a mileage penalty. My question is about driving a leased car after the original factory warranty runs out. Should I try to move the car before that date or just take my chances and hope I can avoid a large repair bill just after 50k miles?

Another question....I'm also considering just paying the last six or so payments and turning the car in early, therefore avoiding that exposure. Is that possible and/or advisable?

Not sure that I'm getting another BMW. I know the easy answer is to just turn in early and get another car. I'm happily on my 4th lease...but just may want to go a different direction now.
Thanks.
What is the monthly nut?

You can buy a short term warratny and drive hard to the last day....

I mean you WILL pay the fully monthly payments to the end...and you WILL pay mileage. So the question is 'will I get to use the car for 6+ months or not?'.... Is a $2000 one tear warrant wort the 6 months?

I wouldn't, but it's an option....

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. And in your case, if I thought there were a problem, I would not go to a dealer and have it diagnosed.
Amen to this. :angel:

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
There is another option no one has mentioned: a lease assumption.

OP you might be able to...

snip
You are saying OP can swapalease with a car that has (basically) 50k miles and no more BMW warranty???

Even starting to advertise at 45k miles- and providing a cash incentive to cover the mileage overage, Id be surprised to find takers....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.