BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I happened to have an appt. with a financial adviser today. Turns out everything's going well, however he strongly suggested that I lease the car (330cic). If not that, then finance the *whole* amount (no money down). I was originally planning on putting down half, and financing the rest.

Any idea how much the lease on a 330cic would be? (sp, xenon, heated seats) BMWUSA.com seems outrageous: almost pushing $800 month.

Does someone out there have some good advice?

Thanks!:thumbup: :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Short version: BMW's current rates suck but they should get better in a few days. Regardless, arrange outside financing that you can live with prior to picking up the car. Then you get to play the "let's see if finance folks can beat this" game which is much less stressful than the "how can I browbeat the finance guys into not hosing me" game.

The current money factor rates that any BMW dealer will be willing to give you is 0.00295 which works out to about 7% APR.

Personally, I think that sucks which is why I financed the car instead of leasing this time. I got 4.99% through CA AAA (Peoplefirst.com) at which point the dealer gave me 4.75% through a third-party lender.

Good luck.

- Ray

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh, and while I can't speak for the 330Cic rates on the BMW website, when I checked a week or two ago, surprisingly, the lease rates for a 330i were spot-on if you assumed ~$1000 in drive-off fees + security deposit. (I say surprisingly because the BMW website is notorious for coming in way too low on their numbers.)

The amount looks outrageous because right now the lease rates on 2003 model cars aren't discounted at all since they're still trying to clear out the 2002's. New rates should be coming out for the 2003's in a few days. It'll be interesting to see what they are.

- Ray

·
Registered
28 Posts
rcc said:

The amount looks outrageous because right now the lease rates on 2003 model cars aren't discounted at all since they're still trying to clear out the 2002's. New rates should be coming out for the 2003's in a few days. It'll be interesting to see what they are.

- Ray
What will be your sources for seeing what the new November rates are? I'm curious too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts