BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a 2014 335i to a 2016 535i, I'm trying to figure out what to get next. So far my short list is, M3, M4, 650 gran coupe or X6. I love fast nimble cars, but I also love the look of the 650 gran coupe and X6.

I picked these 4 cars as their leases are kind of in the same price range (within a couple hundred).

I'm probably leaning toward the M3 right now, but every time I see the 650 or X6, I can't stop staring, lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Different beasts for different jobs!
Not sure Gran coupe or x6 are "nimble?.

Nice choices.

When is your lease up?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Stick with the M3 if you want a nimble car. The Gran Coupe is a longer 5 series that seats low.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you read my sentence correctly, I implied that the M3 and M4 were nimble cars but that I liked the look of the 650 and X6. Lol. My lease isn't up for 2 more years, but I have some connections, lol. M3/M4 leases are around $900 a month.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm right there with you having just come from a 2014 335i. I enjoy the change but this is a stopover 'til the G20 comes out - I expect it to be great. The smaller footprint suits me best...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Less car, love the BMW, but Im interested in a Jeep. Not the grand Cherokee but a Wrangler Unlimited with big ass wheels. Having a BMW seems to have lost its appeal. I want to park anywhere, run over any type of pavement and not care....need a break.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in a similar dilemma. I have a 2011 535 CPO which ends Sept 2017. I'm torn on what to get after that. I don't think I want another F10, I love the car but I don't want to pay again for the same or similar car.. mayyybe a 2015 or 16 550 but I'd prefer a 6 series gran coupe or 740 or 750i. Can be had used for a decent amount. I'd like to lease the new 5 but afraid it'll be too much compared to slightly used. I feel your pain on the decisions.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I'm in a similar dilemma. I have a 2011 535 CPO which ends Sept 2017. I'm torn on what to get after that. I don't think I want another F10, I love the car but I don't want to pay again for the same or similar car.. mayyybe a 2015 or 16 550 but I'd prefer a 6 series gran coupe or 740 or 750i. Can be had used for a decent amount. I'd like to lease the new 5 but afraid it'll be too much compared to slightly used. I feel your pain on the decisions.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I went from an f10 535 to M5 to 550i. The 550i is my favorite and perfect car.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
A brief history: '04 A6 2.7T = > '07 SL550 => '11 550xi => '13 650xi => '15 M6 => ??

The recent trend is towards an open air sports car, so the ?? are potentially an AMG GT Roadster, Jag F-type, or maybe next gen 6er if it get smaller/lighter.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
A brief history: '04 A6 2.7T = > '07 SL550 => '11 550xi => '13 650xi => '15 M6 => ??

The recent trend is towards an open air sports car, so the ?? are potentially an AMG GT Roadster, Jag F-type, or maybe next gen 6er if it get smaller/lighter.
How about an M2?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Next one we get will probably be a fully loaded X5, according to wifey.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I went from an f10 535 to M5 to 550i. The 550i is my favorite and perfect car.
Interesting. Would have thought the M5 'cures' all the shortcomings of the 550.

Do you have a separate thread on your experiences - don't want to hijack this one.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Interesting. Would have thought the M5 'cures' all the shortcomings of the 550.

Do you have a separate thread on your experiences - don't want to hijack this one.
It is a very harsh ride. You literately feel every pebble on the road. It's also very cumbersome to drive around because you really have to think about driving all the time. The 550 does everything the M5 does with no drama. I might go back to the M5 with smaller wheels or the Audi S8 Plus in about 3 years.

One funny observation is that the M5 is more gas efficient than the 550i on my regular driving route by .7MPG. LOL

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
If you read my sentence correctly, I implied that the M3 and M4 were nimble cars but that I liked the look of the 650 and X6. Lol. My lease isn't up for 2 more years, but I have some connections, lol. M3/M4 leases are around $900 a month.
Unless your looking at a vert you can lease way cheaper. M3 residuals fir July were 66%

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
How about an M2?
I might check out an M2 in 2018, but I almost have Mrs D convinced that I "need" an AMG GT Roadster. So if I get anything less expensive, I'll be seen as finally growing up and making a practical decision. Now who would want that? ;)

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
I might check out an M2 in 2018, but I almost have Mrs D convinced that I "need" an AMG GT Roadster. So if I get anything less expensive, I'll be seen as finally growing up and making a practical decision. Now who would want that? ;)
What about a McLaren 570s?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts