BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious, what do you guys use to maintain the leather in your cars? any tips on keeping it clean and healthy?

·
Registered
510 Posts
+1 on Leatherique. From the local shops, Lexol is decent.

·
^^^Worst Username Ever!
1,381 Posts
There product looks good, has any one used there dyes? How can you determine the interior color code of your car? I have black but it looks like they several black for there dyes
If you e-mail them they should be able to match a dye they have with your leather color. I've used leatherique, but I feel it's best for restoring and maintaining than conditioning and protecting.

Leatherique Nothing is better.
Chief, would you happen to know if our leather is "finished"? A protective coating of sorts that pretty much negates the purpose of leather conditioners.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lexol cleaner & condtioner for maintenance, if they get real bad just look in your phone book for a leather repair man they can restore your leather to look like new fir about $30 per seat I did this now mine look like brand new

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Lexol... no. Better than Armour all i suppose.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have used Lexol and Leatherique in the past with good results. However, I find myself using the Lexol Cleaner and finish it off with the Griots leather conditioner. this has given me the best results so far. Also, the Griot's conditioner makes the leather smell like "leather", as well as look good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lexol cleaner & condtioner for maintenance, if they get real bad just look in your phone book for a leather repair man they can restore your leather to look like new fir about $30 per seat I did this now mine look like brand new
Are you serious? $30 a seat? Wow. I got a quote here for $500 for my two front seats. They look pretty worn on the 'butt' part and a few scratches.

I'm wondering how much leatherique will do. it doesn't havent to look brand new, but not so odd looking would be awesome :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think I'm going give the restore kit a shot. My leather is in pretty good shape but seems like it could be a little softer and I have one spot on the drivers seat that the black is fadding from getting in and out of the car. I'll let you know how it turns out when I finish it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 for leather care. Z-9 will remove any dirt/stains, and Z-10 will make the leather smell brand new. :thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
I have used Leatherique dye to repair scuffs and worn spots, and even used their method to patch an actual hole worn in one seat on a friend's E39. I have also had good results with reconditioning a worn steering wheel with their products. As far as color my gray was special order, but black is no problem. For deep conditioning, I would wait for warm weather. I apply the Rejuvenating Oil, rub it in, the cover the seats with black plastic bags and let it set in the sun for several hours, overnight, or two days is even better. Then clean the seats with Pristine Clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts