BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
If Tires Were Erasers
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black belt (the one that holds my pants up) has transfered the black dye to my seat back. Anyone know how I might remove the black stain? BTW, the belt is history. :banghead:

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Like any type of cleaning you want to use the least abrasive, least toxic thing that will do the job. Lexol leather cleaner is very safe and effective. I'd recommend trying it first, gently, trying not to smear the black stain beyond where it is now. If the Lexol cleaner won't bring it out you may want to speak to a leather professional before going further.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
I use Lexol Leather Cleaner & Conditioner too. What color are your seats? Tan, gray? Not sure if that would make a difference or not. Adding on to what beauport said, I might let the cleaner sit directly on the stain for a minute or two before rubbing. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Look really closely

I thought I noticed the same thing happening to my sand leather. Had a detailer come by to try to clean it (I tried Lexol and Griots without success); he noticed that it was not the color of the belt staying on the leather seat but the color coming off the seat. If you look real close you will notice, at least we did, that the texture of your seat has changed. It's almost as if the leather is wearing off and some of the color of the belt is staying. I posted about this months ago and received only one reply. I was kind of hoping since this seems really rare that it was a defective patch of leather in my car. I'll send a e-mail to the owners circle and post their reply as soon as it comes back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.