BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BMW Fan
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I have to do different to spec the Chestnut colored leather for a E90/91?
The BMW configurator says it needs special consideration...

Thanks

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
6,504 Posts
Chestnut leather is a "Priority 1" option, meaning it's only available on customer-ordered cars, not dealer inventory. To get such options you have to order a car and wait for it to be built, they will rarely be seen on a dealer lot. A dealer should have leather swatches to show you if you can't decide based on pictures alone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Exactly what he said. Also be advised that the chestnut is actually more "red" than it appears on most computer screens. Its a Brown-Red. Makes the interior look pretty sporty if you ask me.

I ordered it in mine. i also like the Oyster/Black (but worry about keeping it oyster) and the saddle.

·
Registered
2022 M3
4,246 Posts
Also be advised that the chestnut is actually more "red" than it appears on most computer screens. Its a Brown-Red. Makes the interior look pretty sporty if you ask me.
Interesting as my impression is the reverse. To me it looks in real life like a pretty even split between red and brown, but the photographs appear redder than real life.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Interesting as my impression is the reverse. To me it looks in real life like a pretty even split between red and brown, but the photographs appear redder than real life.
Thats the difference in our computer monitors. Yours is likely set to a warmer tone. Mine is neutral to a little bit cooler. I should have just stated that it looks different that on the computer to most.

For what it is worth I agree it looks like a brown/red marriage.

·
8D
745 Posts
It is a rare color. But whenever I see an E90 with that color, all of them seems to have white exterior paint color, which makes the leather color pop out even more. I would say it's more red than brown. But it's deep toned down red, not prime color bright red in coupes and convertibles. It's a stunning color.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,101 Posts
Chestnut leather is a "Priority 1" option, meaning it's only available on customer-ordered cars, not dealer inventory. To get such options you have to order a car and wait for it to be built, they will rarely be seen on a dealer lot. A dealer should have leather swatches to show you if you can't decide based on pictures alone.
Dealer's sometimes order Priority 1 options by marking the car as a "customer sold" unit even though it isn't really. So, occasionally you'll find some Priority 1 options on car in dealer inventory.

BMW has made so many things Priority 1 this year that it's actually getting to be quite common for dealers to do this just to have the most in demand colors, color combos and options on the cars they carry in stock.

Exactly what he said. Also be advised that the chestnut is actually more "red" than it appears on most computer screens. Its a Brown-Red. Makes the interior look pretty sporty if you ask me.

I ordered it in mine. i also like the Oyster/Black (but worry about keeping it oyster) and the saddle.
I agree that it really does make the interior look very sporty. I would actually call the color red with just a hint of brown tone in it. If I were ordering a car/E90/E91 today one of my top color combo choices would be Alpine white and Chestnut.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I'm leaning towards Titanium Silver/Chestnut/Alum Trim in a E91...
Sounds good. Order what you like and don't let the dealer convince you otherwise.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
20,101 Posts
I'm leaning towards Titanium Silver/Chestnut/Alum Trim in a E91...
Be sure to order the M Sport package. It is worth every penny and if you don't get it you will regret it latter. One reason is because it gives you a black headliner which will make the interior more cohesive. Notice the picture below has black trim/seatbelts/etc. and a grey headliner. Another good reason for you since you're looking at aluminum trim is that you can get the Glacier Silver aluminum trim. And as long as I'm making suggestions, Xenon headlights are worth every penny, too.

edit: One other thing to think about - if you order the ZMP and you want xenons and comfort access, then consider ordering the Convenience package, 'cause the price drops to $1,750 with the ZMP, so w/ xenons $900 and CA $500 you get the alarm and rear side window shades for $350......just sayin' :)

Sounds good. Order what you like and don't let the dealer convince you otherwise.

Gorgeous color. (No offense intended in regard to your grey headliner.)

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
6,504 Posts
Dealer's sometimes order Priority 1 options by marking the car as a "customer sold" unit even though it isn't really. So, occasionally you'll find some Priority 1 options on car in dealer inventory.

BMW has made so many things Priority 1 this year that it's actually getting to be quite common for dealers to do this just to have the most in demand colors, color combos and options on the cars they carry in stock.
:thumbup: Thanks for adding that clarification...I was too lazy (err, I mean tired, yeah that's it, tired) to manage it.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Gorgeous color. (No offense intended in regard to your grey headliner.)
None taken. I snapped that pic from dealer inventory 2 years ago when I used to work at a dealership and the first Chestnut Red interior came off the truck.

I wish my mother's 325i had Anthracite headliner back in 2006 though :(

·
Freedom isn't free!!
20,101 Posts
There's a Chestnut Red? I thought Chestnut was Chestnut Brown? What happened to Imola Red?

Is Saddle Brown the only brown now?

I'm confused, can someone clarify pls.
He meant to say Chestnut Brown, which is really more red, as you can see in the picture.

Imola Red leather is gone at least for now. :( But, its memory lives on. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.