BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using armor all on my leather seats and dashboard, but read in a couple of places that it isnt good for the leather...because its water based, so when the sun hits it or it gets hot enough in the car (hot summer day), it boils the water in the armorall and causes the leather to crack.

I dont know if thats true or not, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of good leather protectants to buy. Is connolly any good?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've been using armor all on my leather seats and dashboard, but read in a couple of places that it isnt good for the leather...because its water based, so when the sun hits it or it gets hot enough in the car (hot summer day), it boils the water in the armorall and causes the leather to crack.

I dont know if thats true or not, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of good leather protectants to buy. Is connolly any good?
A water-based product will not (a) boil (212.oF spot temp, very unlickly) (b)cause 'leather' to crack

1) Clean (2) hydrate and (3) protection

For more information see "Basic Automotive Leather Care" one of the detailing articles on DetailingWiki; (Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation) a series of informative, knowledge based, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing

This collection of detailing articles on DetailingWiki; (Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation) a series of informative, knowledge based, unbiased articles dedicated to the automotive detailing enthusiast or professional detailer in search of development and education

·
Registered
2,940 Posts

Stay away from Armor All, especially for your leather.

I've used Lexol for a long time with great results.

Try a search--this topic is discussed a lot. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts