Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a fabulous 2002 530i, and I would like to use quality products in looking after it. I've heard that Zaino(?) is good for leather, as is Lexol. Is one generally considered better than the other?

Also, does anyone know of any stores that would sell Aerospace 303 protectant in British Columbia?

thanks in advance,

Llew

·
Registered
19 Posts
Llew Hamdi said:
Hi, I just bought a fabulous 2002 530i, and I would like to use quality products in looking after it. I've heard that Zaino(?) is good for leather, as is Lexol. Is one generally considered better than the other?

Also, does anyone know of any stores that would sell Aerospace 303 protectant in British Columbia?

thanks in advance,

Llew
Leatherique is an amazing product. I personally bought it from greg @ www.detailedimage.com , great products, great prices , great customer service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lexol isnt bad i find it sticky, i keep a bottle for those nasty jobs to start off with so i dont waste my $$$$$ products. poorboy's leather stuff (cleaner and condtioner) or Zaino (cleaner and conditioner is seperate) are the best in my opinion. Chris

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Llew Hamdi said:

thanks in advance,

Llew

I'm a Lexol man myself.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Llew, for your car leatherique would be best.

·
Newbie BMW Owner
143 Posts
I bought a zaino kit a while back, came with the leather cleaner stuff. I didn't really want it, but I'm glad I got it. I love it.

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,642 Posts
Llew Hamdi said:
...Aerospace 303 protectant in British Columbia?

thanks in advance,

Llew
Canadian Tire sells it, though I too, use Lexol products.

Ed

·
Registered
93 Posts
www.autopia.org

Everything having to do with cleaning, detailing, and otherwise babying your ride. More information than you can possibly use.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Initial conditioning - for the initial conditioning of uncoated leather, and/or if you are cleaning for the first time use a Leather Rejuvenator. (http://www.Leatherique.com) [Use Zaino Z-10 Leather in a bottle on coated leather] paying particular attention to area that are exposed to the most UV radiation, i.e. backs of headrests, seat shoulders, and then apply to the rest of the seating surfaces starting at he top and working your way down.

Allow the product to be absorbed into the hides for several hours on a sunny day, or overnight. Warmth makes the leather fibres pores open allowing the proteins and collagens to be absorbed readily. Park the car in direct sunlight, cover seats with black plastic trash bags, and roll up the windows to create a steam room to allow the Rejuvenator to fully penetrate into the hides.

Leatherique is not suitable for use on coated leather, but for un-coated leather upholstry it is propably the best out there

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
NH-SHICKS said:
I use Lexol to clean or Woolite mix with a stiff brush to agitate out the dirt. Then I use Zaino Z-10 for a conditoner. The smell is insane, and gives a great finish. 303 is great for the dash and plastic, but I am not sure I like it on the leather, it give an artificial feel.

Here is my interior 2001 325i

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/18990325interior.jpg

Steve
Leather's looking good. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts