BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I installed a LED Ring Light like this one on an E90 I had, a couple of years ago.
It looked really nice. And since the original 82mm emblem goes on top, it doesn't look like it's not OEM, to non-BMW people of course. But I personally didn't think it looked tacky. It's subtle in day time. And at night time, it's complementing enough to the rest of the lights.
This time, I thought I'd cut out the blue quarters, so that whatever color the LED light is would come out. This light was blue, so it maintains the color scheme of BMW.
Easy to install, and wire as well.
Any thoughts??

Attachments

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Are you OK drilling through the trunk, or can you run the wires through one of the existing holes?

Tim

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you OK drilling through the trunk, or can you run the wires through one of the existing holes?

Tim
Actually, you can just route the wires through one of the holes already on the trunk (that hold the original 82mm emblem). I wired to the overhead license plate light, and spliced it. So, it uses that for its energy, with no errors. That way, every time the regular (auto) lights turn on, in dark settings, this light will come on as well.
So yea, no drilling required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts