BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - hoping someone can help me out. I usually have no problem replacing my license plate lights (stock) to LED however however when attempting to remove my current lights the wire doesnt easily pull from the light case so I cant detach it from the old light to install the new lights. I have done this with other BMWs with no problem but for some reason the wire will not budge!! :mad: Please help me!! Do you have any suggestions?

Here's a pic of what I am talking about, the blue wire housing wont budge! as much as I attempt to pull on it.....Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question :: PLEASE HELP!

Hi Everyone - hoping someone can help me out. I usually have no problem replacing my license plate lights (stock) to LED however however when attempting to remove my current lights the wire doesnt easily pull from the light case so I cant detach it from the old light to install the new lights. I have done this with other BMWs with no problem but for some reason the wire will not budge!! Please help me!! Do you have any suggestions?

Here's a pic of what I am talking about, the blue wire housing wont budge! as much as I attempt to pull on it.....Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do not recall exactly the procedure, but you likely need a small flat head screwdriver to gently pry one one side to release the clip. Should be found on one of the "wide" sides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the suggestion Chris, I will definitely try it...anything is worth a try at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
For the E70 I have LEDs in the front (Angel Eyes) but the license plate lights are standard. BTW, I just purchased a small flat head screw driver and wedged it on the side and put some pressure and it came right out. Thanks for the advice ChrisM011!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts