Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a 2010 X5 E70 that is having issues after replacing the front left bulb. (I thought it blew - seems it didnt) . I checked to see if the new bulb was faulty with the right side and all is OK there. The old bulb is actually working fine also.

No matter what - the front left will not turn on. There is bugger all room behind there to acurately see what is going on.

Any advice? Could it be a fuse or worse?

Cheers.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I hard speed bump must have dislodged a loose connector. If you can't access it, get it to any car mechanic . I myself had similar issues and got all the bulbs replaced at the same time as a preventative measure if they were never replaced. The beams became brighter.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,419 Posts
Worse.. Read about the FRM and its function.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi All,

I've got a 2010 X5 E70 that is having issues after replacing the front left bulb. (I thought it blew - seems it didnt) . I checked to see if the new bulb was faulty with the right side and all is OK there. The old bulb is actually working fine also.

No matter what - the front left will not turn on. There is bugger all room behind there to acurately see what is going on.

Any advice? Could it be a fuse or worse?

Cheers.
I had a similar issue with my 2011. Turns out it was a faulty shutter mechanism and the entire headlight needed to be replaced to the tune of 3k...needless to say I was over the car at that point and sold it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,160 Posts
Is the ballast good? These are HID bulbs with a ballast, correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All.

All other lights work - as do the windows etc... Just the front left hand side.

Car is booked back into the auto electrician - hopefully he'll identify what it is. He has already seen the car once with the same issue where he repaired some of the wiresheilding which had melted. They are standard H7 bulbs (not Xenon).

Hopefully it's just a wiring harness or something... not the FRM. I would expect more issues with the car if it was the FRM. The shutter mechanism does not sound good :dunno: ...

Will let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts