BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to start driving my x5 as my first car soon but recently my left signals have not been flashing but the right signals work just fine. They left signals dont flash when locked with the fob key. Ive checked all fuses and checked the bulbs but they're fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I recently changed the rear bulbs and everything was fine until now
What type or style of bulb did you use? If the original bulb had a dual filament...did you replace with a dual filament bulb? And is the issue on the "left" front & rear?

Are you getting any warnings/reactions from the LCM/Check control module...like any warnings...or is it just a visual thing where you don't see the light illuminate? It would be odd not to get a warning...that's the reason for asking...that information would be helpful in painting the picture to your issue. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i remember correctly it was the exact same bulb. Wasn't aware of the filaments.
Yes the whole left side, front and back signals dont work including the blinker right beside the front doors. No warning signs either

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
If i remember correctly it was the exact same bulb. Wasn't aware of the filaments.
Yes the whole left side, front and back signals dont work including the blinker right beside the front doors. No warning signs either
If the bulbs on the entire left side of the vehicle aren't illuminating...AND...you're not getting a warning from the check control system...something serious is wrong.

The LCM (light check module) controls all the exterior light functions...and it also is where check control warnings eminate from. So if you're not getting a warning...that means there's an issue that may go all the way back to the LCM. The LCM also monitors all of the vehicles bulbs...it does a cold and hot check. So if the lights on the left side of the vehicle aren't illuminating...you should be getting warnings.

The LCM is located in the right front passenger foot well...on the exterior side. Have you had any water issues on that side of the vehicle? If so, a wet LCM has bedeviled many a BMW owner.

Below is a brief history of the LCM:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for your insight. I havent had any water problems that I know of but I'll still look into it. When I replaced the bulbs I did get a "Check brake light" warning but not when the whole left side lights wont work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just realized that the license plate lights are also not working but it does give me a warning for those. Is there a way to fix the lcm or do i have to purchase a new one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts