BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently on my E24 when I turn the left hand turn signal on (works fine), and the headlights are on, the high beams turn on by themselves until the signal turns off. (It must really annoy the guy in front of me.) This never happens with the right turn signal. The stalk of course controls both turn signals and high beams. This ever happen to anyone else? It seems like a short in the stalk. Disassemble and clean? Replace stalk ($$)? Any ideas before I start tearing the thing apart?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It happens to me all the time. Spoke to a guy at the dealer, he says its the switch in the steering column, says its just old and worn out. Still need to replace mine, havent been bothered yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey-- thanks guys. I figured as much-- the switch. For some reason it seemed like a big deal to pull the steering wheel on a car with 200K miles to get at it. Ah… bravery is part of owning a classic. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.