BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
revirD detangiseD
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lessons learned (not necessarily in the order learned):

1. Some Virginia roads are not quite wide enough and don't have shoulders.
2. When carrying a funeral flower arrangement, provide a bit more than the seatbelt to hold it upright in the back seat.<O:p
3. The jack supplied by BMW in the 530i looks funny, but it works.<O:p
4. Allow more than the driving time than Microsoft's Streets & Trips says it will take for a one hundred mile journey.<O:p
5. Don't have harsh words with your wife while driving.<O:p
6. You can change the front right tire in a suit & tie and only get a few smudges of brake dust on your shirt cuffs.<O:p
7. The back seat of a fiver will absorb at least a pint or so of water.
<O:p8. The trip computer will give you a pretty darn good estimate of when you will arrive at your destination.<O:p
9. The driver and the passenger can withstand lateral G's more than a vase of flowers (even when all are belted in).<O:p
10. A drop off of the pavement of four inches can cause holes in sidewalls of tires.<O:p
11. Pay attention to driving when on narrow, curvy, back roads.<O:p
12. A new tire from TireRack costs $158.00 not counting shipping mounting and balancing.<O:p
13. The MAX setting on the AC feels darn good after #6 above.<O:p
14. All stoplights will be red and your language becomes #^%$&> if you do not learn #4.<O:p
15. Full size spare tires on matching rims are worth whatever BMW charged.<O:p<O:p
<O:p
I learned all these things and more yesterday on the way to my step-father's funeral. With five minutes to spare, my mom, brother & sister were glad to see us pull into the church parking lot.<O:p

Attachments

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
JoeBimmmer said:
Lessons learned (not necessarily in the order learned):

1. Some Virginia roads are not quite wide enough and don't have shoulders.
2. When carrying a funeral flower arrangement, provide a bit more than the seatbelt to hold it upright in the back seat.<O:p
3. The jack supplied by BMW in the 530i looks funny, but it works.<O:p
4. Allow more than the driving time than Microsoft's Streets & Trips says it will take for a one hundred mile journey.<O:p
5. Don't have harsh words with your wife while driving.<O:p
6. You can change the front right tire in a suit & tie and only get a few smudges of brake dust on your shirt cuffs.<O:p
7. The back seat of a fiver will absorb at least a pint or so of water.
<O:p8. The trip computer will give you a pretty darn good estimate of when you will arrive at your destination.<O:p
9. The driver and the passenger can withstand lateral G's more than a vase of flowers (even when all are belted in).<O:p
10. A drop off of the pavement of four inches can cause holes in sidewalls of tires.<O:p
11. Pay attention to driving when on narrow, curvy, back roads.<O:p
12. A new tire from TireRack costs $158.00 not counting shipping mounting and balancing.<O:p
13. The MAX setting on the AC feels darn good after #6 above.<O:p
14. All stoplights will be red and your language becomes #^%$&> if you do not learn #4.<O:p
15. Full size spare tires on matching rims are worth whatever BMW charged.<O:p<O:p
<O:p
I learned all these things and more yesterday on the way to my step-father's funeral. With five minutes to spare, my mom, brother & sister were glad to see us pull into the church parking lot.<O:p
Dude! :) I'm glad you made it safely and on time :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.