Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let the 2003 330i Pricing Negotiation begin!

2003 330i

Orient Blue
Gray Leather
Sports Package
Premium Package
Steptronic
Navigation System
Bi-Xenons
Alarm System

How much should I be shooting for off the MSRP for this lease?

Right now I can only get around $500 to $600 off MSRP, but the negotiation has only just begun. I am shooting for $1,000 to $1,500 off MSRP, which could be just wishful thinking.

Your help and comments will be much appreciated!
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
$1,800 over invoice is good, but I think $1,000 to $1,200 over invoice is possible, even for a non- ED car.

<small>
'03 330i on order.</small>
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
bmwguynj said:
2003 330i

Right now I can only get around $500 to $600 off MSRP, but the negotiation has only just begun. I am shooting for $1,000 to $1,500 off MSRP, which could be just wishful thinking.

Your help and comments will be much appreciated!
Honestly, any time some describes a price in terms of "under MSRP", they are going to get screwed. You negotiate in terms of $s over invoice (not % either).

And if you pay more than $2000 over invoice, you also got screwed. It should be very do-able to get under $1500 over invoice.
 
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
CD-55 said:
For example on the 330i I just ordered, the dealer's first offer was only $1,600 over invoice, but I also got another quote for $2K+ over invoice.
will TD ever forgive you for driving such a hideously ugly car?!?!?

:eeps: :eeps:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
atyclb said:


will TD ever forgive you for driving such a hideously ugly car?!?!?

:eeps: :eeps:
He is getting the sport package on a 330i, so it could be a lot worse.

It's also hard to maintain strong negative feelings for inanimate objects. I mean, sure I don't care for the facelift, but I also don't care all that much anymore. It's not my problem.

Hell, CD-55 claims the E36 M3 never did anything for him, passion-wise, so we have to agree to disagree on certain things.
 
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
TD said:


He is getting the sport package on a 330i, so it could be a lot worse.

It's also hard to maintain strong negative feelings for inanimate objects. I mean, sure I don't care for the facelift, but I also don't care all that much anymore. It's not my problem.

Hell, CD-55 claims the E36 M3 never did anything for him, passion-wise, so we have to agree to disagree on certain things.
Your unequivocal love for the 7er is not far behind!

I can feel it!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
atyclb said:


Your unequivocal love for the 7er is not far behind!

I can feel it!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
People also buy Azteks and seersucker suits. Taste is far from universal. It's not my problem.

But, yes, IMO, the E65 is still hideously ugly. Just awful. I saw another this morning and thought to myself how freakish it looked. Ugh.

Whatever...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume for a lease (first time leaser here), that I need to negotiate the best price possible and then get a Lease Worksheet? Then decided how much to put down to further reduce the monthly payments?

Any suggestions my fellow members? Your help is much appreciated. Unfortunately the BMW site is not yet updated for the 2003 prices.

Thanks!
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
bmwguynj said:
I assume for a lease (first time leaser here), that I need to negotiate the best price possible and then get a Lease Worksheet? Then decided how much to put down to further reduce the monthly payments? ..SNIP...
yep! If you are leasing, why don't you put as little down as possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
bmwguynj said:
I assume for a lease (first time leaser here), that I need to negotiate the best price possible and then get a Lease Worksheet? Then decided how much to put down to further reduce the monthly payments?

Any suggestions my fellow members? Your help is much appreciated. Unfortunately the BMW site is not yet updated for the 2003 prices.

Thanks!
Leasing or buying has nothing to do with the price you expect to pay for the vechile. I negotiated an "over invoice" deal on my car, and went back and forth on leasing or buying until about a week before delivery. I did loose a little on the over invoice deal because of the invoice price change at the begining of this calender year, but not much.

We finally decided to purchase the car with about 10K down, this way, at the end of the warrenty period I will only owe about 3800 on the car, and then we will decide to keep it, or order a new one.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
bmwguynj said:
I assume for a lease (first time leaser here), that I need to negotiate the best price possible and then get a Lease Worksheet? Then decided how much to put down to further reduce the monthly payments?

Any suggestions my fellow members? Your help is much appreciated. Unfortunately the BMW site is not yet updated for the 2003 prices.

Thanks!
If you have to put money down when leasing in order to afford the payment, you should buy a cheaper car.

Putting money down on a lease is a flashing neon sign that says, "I am financially ignorant."
 

·
Adolescent On-Call
Joined
·
3,262 Posts
How to buy.

Save LOTS of money. Save the hassle. Save years of worrying about milage, etc. Save years of painful car payments.

Pay cash. Then, the cars is YOURS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Dude ordering that car is a pain for sales.. Somtimes people don't pick them up and leave a dud on the floor... If you can get 5-6 bills off msrp thats good... If you want that much off you will have to Haggle on the floor models.. Just my advice.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Bearimmer said:
Dude ordering that car is a pain for sales.. Somtimes people don't pick them up and leave a dud on the floor... If you can get 5-6 bills off msrp thats good... If you want that much off you will have to Haggle on the floor models.. Just my advice.
Sorry, but do you have any idea what you're talking about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Bearimmer said:
Dude ordering that car is a pain for sales.. Somtimes people don't pick them up and leave a dud on the floor... If you can get 5-6 bills off msrp thats good... If you want that much off you will have to Haggle on the floor models.. Just my advice.
I am with TD here. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Is this a salesperson?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
bmwguynj said:
2003 330i

Orient Blue
Gray Leather
Sports Package
Premium Package
Steptronic
Navigation System
Bi-Xenons
Alarm System

How much should I be shooting for off the MSRP for this lease?

Right now I can only get around $500 to $600 off MSRP, but the negotiation has only just begun. I am shooting for $1,000 to $1,500 off MSRP, which could be just wishful thinking.

Your help and comments will be much appreciated!
I got $2500 off MSRP but this was a special situation. Usually 1500 - 2000 off should be good.
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Re: Re: Let the 2003 300i Pricing Negotiation begin!

Michael330 said:
I got $2500 off MSRP but this was a special situation. Usually 1500 - 2000 off should be good.
I have not even bothered adding up options to know MSRP for my ordered 330i. MSRP means nothing, invoice is key!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: How to buy.

machmeter said:
Save LOTS of money. Save the hassle. Save years of worrying about milage, etc. Save years of painful car payments.

Pay cash. Then, the cars is YOURS!
This is the way I used to do it (trading the current car in against the new car), but then I realized that I trade in my car every 3 years or so (due to I want a new one) and their are better tax benefits when leasing through my company. So leasing is ideal in this situation.

But you are right, just buying the car outright makes things a lot easier.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top