BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
XXXXXXXX
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change wheels on my 01 Z3 and not sure what to go with and how they will look. I want some wide lip wheels in the rear and maybe a black wheel with a polished lip.
Just not sure so need to see some wheels on other Z's and feedback on them.
Thanks

·
XXXXXXXX
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So where is a good place to get wheels? Where I can check or see the backspacing? TireRack? I want to see what spacing is avail for each wheel design.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Tire Rack is a good seller. I've bought around five wheelsets/tire sets from them. Prices are pretty competitive. They have weight and offset info on the website and the phone staff is very helpful

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here are some wheels with the look you mentioned on my 2000 M Roadster, they are HRE Comp 70's made in 17'' only though they and others make similar looking rims. The centers are texture black (I personally don't like the look of gloss black) the rims are polished aluminum. They have to be special ordered so they can be made in any width and offset (mine are 8'' front and 9 1/2'' rear--- just 1/2'' wider than the stock M rims)

Attachments

·
///M Coupe Pilot
258 Posts
Powder Coated CSL's - Ready for Track Duty

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone put 245/40/18 on front and rear of a Z3 without any issues?
First of all thank you for the compliment. Quite a few who have seen my car feel the black center/polished rim look good on an Titanium Silver car.

Maybe some of the track/autocross types can chime in. I suspect 235/35/18 might work. I do know there there can be rubbing issues on the front suspension with larger/wider tires but possibly proper offset/spacing might make it possible.

Personally I stayed with 17's because I decided I did not want to do anything that degrade the performance, even slightly, just for "looks". If anything I wanted wheels lighter than the stock roadstars. The HRE's are about 17lb front , 18lb rear vs 21/25 for the stock wheels. The Michelin PS2's are also lighter than most high performance tires.

Having said that, each individual should do what they want, its your car- have fun and enjoy. For most street driven cars a modest increase in unsprung weight will probably go unnoticed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are my girls 19 inch shoes. 245/35 275/30 SSR

I just bought the car recently and it already had the aftermarket shoes on so dont know too much about them. Except i like them :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts