BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Yo, did you ever come up with a solution for pre-June 2000 sports steering wheels? I'm itching to help you get your name out to fellow So. Cal enthusiasts man!

Actually, if you want to write something up and submit to John Bergen, the Whispering Bomb editor, I'd be glad to put in a good word for you...John is always looking for good articles to print. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I need is the steering wheel. So far, I have yet to find anyone who is selling it. :( I already have some blue prints how to go about doing it. Will save some $$ from getting a new round airbag. ;)

I will work on a short article soon...thanks! :thumbup:

The HACK said:
Yo, did you ever come up with a solution for pre-June 2000 sports steering wheels? I'm itching to help you get your name out to fellow So. Cal enthusiasts man!

Actually, if you want to write something up and submit to John Bergen, the Whispering Bomb editor, I'd be glad to put in a good word for you...John is always looking for good articles to print. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the part numbers for that! :thumbup: Why wasn't it an option in the US? :confused:

But, the challenge is figuring out the 011100100100s that are exchanging between the DME, ECU and TCU. Already have E46 M3 owners emailing me about retrofitting the ENTIRE SMG system.

in_d_haus said:
Hey Vince/HACK,
How about figuring out how to retrofit SMG on my '99 M3? It was an option in Europe..:D

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Let's suppose you don't like that...then I can offer this too...

Jon Shafer: Thanks! ;) And yes, I do order parts from Manny to get this working. See I am a sponsor for Cutter BMW parts department ....:p

John Lew: If you asked me, I would prefer the curvature of the SSG paddles. My fingers fit a lot better than on the SMG paddles. Not to mention you can drive with one hand, up/down shifting with one SSG paddle. While you scratch parts that tend to itch with the other hand....:eeps:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
I could have been a contender:( Some times marriage has its price, aye Vince:cry:

Kudos on finalizing the project, any installed yet:dunno:

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Let's suppose you don't like that...then I can offer this too...

VinceTopasBlau3 said:
[BWhile you scratch parts that tend to itch with the other hand....:eeps: [/B]
:yikes: :tsk: Here we go again with your package.... :tsk: :yikes:

:angel:

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's suppose you don't like that...then I can offer this too...

Raffi said:
:yikes: :tsk: Here we go again with your package.... :tsk: :yikes: :angel:
But please.... don't tell us what color it is, especially if it is Alpina blue:D.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's suppose you don't like that...then I can offer this too...

LoL!!

Not funny. :confused: But I do need help...just ordered a Schroth harness. Guess what colour it is? :eeps:

operknockity said:

But please.... don't tell us what color it is, especially if it is Alpina blue:D.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's suppose you don't like that...then I can offer this too...

ETA is Monday. ;) But..since you're going to tease me about the blue thing, I will install myself. Hrmm! :tsk:

:p

Raffi said:

Let me know when you get it so I can help you install it. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts