Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

About a month ago, I got a welcome package from BMWNA that had the map of the Munich subway, the drop-off locations in Europe, etc. But that package did not contain anything specific about the E93 that I had ordered. Should I be on the lookout for a letter from them confirming my ED date and giving all the details of the convertible that I have ordered? I've only got three weeks until I pick up the vehicle. Thanks.

CarSwami

ED Date: 4th May 2007
E93 Convertible

·
2009 M3 E93 w/DCT
1,315 Posts
Recommend you call BMWNA ED desk at 800-932-0831 with your Production Number and ask about the confirmation letter. I called a week ago and they said BMW AG was way behind on the status info that goes to BMWNA; of course Germany just finished a 4 day holiday weekend for Easter. BMWNA ED rep did say they would pdf the letter and E-Mail it to me when available. However, now I'm ~3 days to boarding a plane to Munich and still don't have the letter (so you should feel lucky). I'll bug them again on Monday. OC indicates the car is ready to go, but I just want the confirmation letter's additional assurance (ie, only formal paperwork I have is all dealer generated).

·
Registered
203 Posts
I received my confirmation letter from the ED department on 04/09. My CA had emailed me a copy of it on 04/05 and the hard copy actually arrived on 04/09. My ED date isn't until 05/23.

I'm sure everything is in order for you AZ-BMW, but perhaps your CA might have a copy of the letter that they can forward to you. As far as I can see, my CA was CC'd on the letter also. Have fun on your trip and take lots of pictures!

CarSwami, you still have some time so i'd call your CA and ask him/her if perhaps she has received anything from the ED department in the ways of a confirmation letter. Good luck!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm picking up May 2 and just got my letter from BMWNA last Wednesday April 11 for what it's worth.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got the kit with the map and everything but I never actually got a letter from BMWNA/ED with my details. My car was there as planned. :) I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my car specifications in a separate letter and later than the welcome package. Don't worry too much.

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I'll follow your advice and check with Joern Esser this week about the letter. I also need to give him a big fat check for the price of the convertible!

CarSwami

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am picking up on May 4th as well CarSwami and I received my confirmation letter yesterday in the mail. I am sure yours is on its way!!

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information [email protected] The letter had not arrived as of yesterday, but hopefully it will come in the next couple of days.

CarSwami

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am picking up on May 4th as well CarSwami and I received my confirmation letter yesterday in the mail. I am sure yours is on its way!!

I am also picking up on May 4th, my letter got here today, 4/19

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hadn't got the letter as of last evening. Maybe today will be the day!

CarSwami

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hadn't got the letter as of last evening. Maybe today will be the day!

CarSwami

I am picking up on 5/2 with no letter from BMW. I did get a conformaton from my CA last week by email, so I am going to go with it. It would be nice to have a hard copy to be sure thousgh.

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
Hadn't got the letter as of last evening. Maybe today will be the day!CarSwami
Picking up May 4th and didnt receive letter until yesterday. Yours is probably on the way.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My CA sent mine via email last night, I'm assuming it'll be in the mailbox today. FYI

Erik
Uh, so Guppy are you going to stop in Andechser am Dom and see if you can ID any more pesky VP types enjoying as they did in their previous life, perdiem at Rota, or Sigonella :cool: or Kef, while the TACAIR guys got none and had to pay the mess bills while afloat a CV?

Kidding, just had to rub it in//

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Uh, so Guppy are you going to stop in Andechser am Dom and see if you can ID any more pesky VP types enjoying as they did in their previous life, perdiem at Rota, or Sigonella :cool: or Kef, while the TACAIR guys got none and had to pay the mess bills while afloat a CV?

Kidding, just had to rub it in//
:rofl: You must be kidding me...........I can't fraternize with Navy types being a former Marine!!! :p Seriously though, the few VP guys I know are through UA. All of 'em are great guys. :thumbup:

Re: being afloat...........that's the price you pay to be a fast mover (apologies in advance to any helo, COD, S3, or VAW airedales I might have offended)! If you wanted the easy life, you shoulda joined the AF! :bigpimp: Counrty club livin'! :mad:

Semper Fidelis,
Erik

1 - 18 of 18 Posts