BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, have you been having trouble with the police by not having a front liscense plate in the US?
My 330i will arrive in a couple of weeks and I know they will give me an option to have a plate mount or not.

Thanks all! :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not putting one on mine. I live in Utah and for 8 years have never had one on my truck and never had an problems. I also have limo tint and never had a problem there either. My car will be here at the end of the month and I will not have a front plate on mine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
No front plate for me. Almost 8 years without a front plate. Only got one ticket for no front plate when I was ticketed for expired meter. :dunno:

·
Registered
468 Posts
California enforces the front plate requirement in most jurisdictions. That's because widespread automated traffic light enforcement requires that your car be identifiable if it is photographed running a red light. I was pulled over for not having a front plate a few years ago and since then I keep it on.

It's a shame because front plates look like crap on most cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am probably in the minority here, but I like the E90's looks more with the front plate than without one... :eeps:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Licoeur said:
I am probably in the minority here, but I like the E90's looks more with the front plate than without one... :eeps:
LMAO - like we have a choice in Jersey :rolleyes: I can just see some Bergen County cop having a field day with that one!

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
I know I am taking a risk but yeah I recently removed my front plate with the smooth clean piece that I had to paint of course to match.

Plus living in LA, I know I can get a ticket just parked somewhere. Cops here are totally enforcing it. I just count my luck..as my car is hardly sitting on the street. During the week, I have a structure to park in at work, and then usually if I go out we try to pick places that have private parking, like restaurants, or movie theaters etc. So...

but yeah front plates are booty IMO.

·
Registered
305 Posts
front plates in VA

In va. front plates are supposedly required, but the sales guy told me that it "really isn't illegal" and that "they'll pull you over but if you go to court you can get off." So, no front plate for me.
psyran

·
Registered
368 Posts
psychrunner said:
In va. front plates are supposedly required, but the sales guy told me that it "really isn't illegal" and that "they'll pull you over but if you go to court you can get off." So, no front plate for me.
psyran
Where do you live in VA? I'm from Richmond previously and unfortunately, Henrico cops live for $250 "no front plate" tickets. Plus, free ticket to bust your chops for anything else they can............

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know two people at work, here in Northern Virginia, who do NOT have front plates. One has had his Jag for 2 years and other has had his 330ci for 1 1/2 years. Neither have ever received a ticket. They both suggested that I don't put a front license plate on my new 330i when it arrives. I'm taking their advice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
volsfan0911 said:
LMAO - like we have a choice in Jersey :rolleyes: I can just see some Bergen County cop having a field day with that one!
I guess it just depends on a person's luck... I have a friend who has had his car for almost 4 years without a front plate in NJ, and he hasn't received any tickets yet.. Some people are willing to take that chance just to have the clean look!!! :dunno:

·
Registered
305 Posts
volsfan0911 said:
Where do you live in VA? I'm from Richmond previously and unfortunately, Henrico cops live for $250 "no front plate" tickets. Plus, free ticket to bust your chops for anything else they can............
In Chesapeake. Sales guy from Casey in Newport News stated this, but don't know if valid. I'll find out.
psyran

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess you can always tell the officer that you have an appointment with the BMW dealership the next following week to have the plate put on to at least get you out of the ticket.

Does anyone else have good ways to get out of a "no front plate" ticket?

It hase been exactly two weeks since I ordered my Sapphire Black 330i w/ Terra interior, step trans, premium and sport package. Two more weeks maybe? :dunno:

Thanks everyone for participating in this poll! :thumbup:

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
LWL said:
No front plate for me. Almost 8 years without a front plate. Only got one ticket for no front plate when I was ticketed for expired meter. :dunno:
Yeah it's the scummy meter maids who like to hit people with the no-front-plate thing. Once in awhile a cop will use it as an excuse to pull you over - looking for bigger crime - but they often let people slide on it.

1 ticket in 6 years for no front plate. Meter maid at LAX.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Apparently in CA cars on lots are supposed to have front plates. A salesguy told me about a person suing his dealership for not having front plate BRACKETS for mounting plates. Seriously. They paid him off and he went away. Now they put the ugly front plate mounting gear on their audis. :dunno:

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
6 years driving in Utah with no front licence plate. Got a ticket once but that was a second offense. The original ticket was for speeding and the missing license plate was added on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here in Canada, no front plates are required.. However a lot of people like to put some old euro plates in the front. It's legal and can give a touch on some cars (like the new A4)..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts