BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem:

My liftgate somtimes gets "unlocked" randomly and I get the "door open" indicator on my dash. I go and check and sure enough, it's "open", so I have to raise it and close it back.

What could cause it to just "unlock"?

·
Registered
695 Posts
USMCAg00 said:

My liftgate somtimes gets "unlocked" randomly and I get the "door open" indicator on my dash. I go and check and sure enough, it's "open", so I have to raise it and close it back.

Haven't had that problem - but am intrigued by the "door open" indicator you mention. My X3 doesn't have one... is your a 2005?

Unfortunately - I have to notice the interior lights are on when a door or the hatch isn't completely closed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's on '05...just another indicator light on the dash.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Probably...

accidentally hitting the trunk release on the key. I've done this a few times on my touring any maybe once on the X3.

USMCAg00 said:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know the X5s used to have this problem & I think they fixed it by replacing the exterior grab handle/micro-switch button above the lic plate.

·
191 Posts
At least on 05 X3's, the tail gate sticks. So when you thought you closed it, you didn't. You really have to slam it hard to close it properly. I usually just look at trunk lights, if they go off, then it's closed.

Unfortunately that's the way these cars are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 X3 truck - interior hatch lights

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2005 X3 and I am now experiencing problems with the battery. I am not sure if the reason for the battery not being charged enough to start the truck is because the hatch lights are remaining on.

I don't know how to shut them.....

Anyone want to help? I can pull the fuse but it controls others lights as well.

hanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it is just the 2 lights on the back D pillars, I would suggest taking out the bulbs to start with, (the plastic cover should pull or pry off)
I don***8217;t see an external switch for those lights, so it might be with the door lock actuator itself, but so far I can***8217;t find it on the wiring diagram, sorry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine used to do that, the striker plate in the sill was loose. Oh and my 85 year old mother could never figure out the remote when she drove the car! LOL

·
Glfbggy
754 Posts

Mine has done it by the key fob being accidentally actuated while in my pocket or while removing it from my pocket.

BTW the door open indicator is in the '07, but it does not isolate on any specific door like my wife's '00 fiver. I suspect the 'light out' indicator is probably the same, not being specific as to which light (rear/front - right/left)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts