BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you house and nurture a car for four (4) months, you tend to get attached; I'm a little sad to see it go... :(

I'm sure its owner will be very happy to have it back in his garage again :thumbup:

Going,

Going,

Gone!

Appropriate transport provider...

Much more elegant than the way (and time) it showed up :shifty

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
When my car got shipped to me it was in one of the open carriers... I try not to think about it! It arrived without any damage(thankfully!)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Randy, on the incoming transport photo, I noticed you noted the time. I know those aren't your hours, and I'm sure you enjoyed an early morning (or late night maybe).

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mng said:
:eek:

when my car goes to Dr. Forbes' house, I'm driving it myself :thumbup:
XLNT! I like it better when the car shows up with the owner; hard to stand around and tell Z3/M stories with a truck driver :tsk:

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JBgotM said:
Randy, on the incoming transport photo, I noticed you noted the time. I know those aren't your hours, and I'm sure you enjoyed an early morning (or late night maybe).
Unlike Daniel & Ron, I can't make myself stay up that late (I'm pushing it to see 3:00AM). But it did make for a very short night's sleep.

I told the driver to call when he got off the turnpike; that'd given me enough time to get up and dressed. He called me when he turned in at TGI Friday's! All I did was throw on some clothes, grab a flashlight and run out the door! You can't imagine how badly I needed to pee standing around in 20 degree weather while they fought to unload the car (the tie-down ratchets had gotten under the car, which shifted enough to increase tension on them). They tied it down with the straps going opposite of what every other car I've seen; the front axle's straps going rearward and vise-versa.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Randy Forbes said:
Friday's! All I did was throw on some clothes, grab a flashlight and run out the door! You can't imagine how badly I needed to pee standing around in 20 degree weather while they fought to unload the car (the tie-down ratchets had gotten under the car, which shifted enough to increase tension on them). They tied it down with the straps going opposite of what every other car I've seen; the front axle's straps going rearward and vise-versa.
c'mon it wasn't Martha Stuart, he was a truck driver, he probably wouldn't have been offended if you just walked to the nearest bush. Just don't let those garage giving neighbors see you. :bigpimp:

yeah, you can exchange stories in the garage..... or the owner can talk to a friend on the phone as Randy revs the engine in the garage to make the magnaflows roar :rofl:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Randy Forbes said:
When you house and nurture a car for four (4) months, you tend to get attached; I'm a little sad to see it go... :(

I'm sure its owner will be very happy to have it back in his garage again :thumbup:

Going,
QUOTE]

Should free you up for that oil cooler part we are all begging for : )

I got all that need except yours :D

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ShifterKart Guy said:
Randy Forbes said:

Should free you up for that oil cooler part we are all begging for : )

I got all that need except yours :D
The material arrived yesterday. I'll try to get it marked up, cut, drilled, milled and tapped as I get the time. I mean, who needs sleep anyway ;)

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nopanegain said:
Curiously, what is the exhaust set-up on the car. I like the two stainless cans with the two pipes.
That's a Dinan exhaust system.

·
Registered
353 Posts
checking in on Randy

Randy Forbes said:
The material arrived yesterday. I'll try to get it marked up, cut, drilled, milled and tapped as I get the time. I mean, who needs sleep anyway ;)
Have you been sleeping ......gosh I hope not : )

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Randy Forbes said:
One step down...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts