BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Limit on number of EDs

1185 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Wallenrod
Can anyone please say definitively whether there is some type of limit on the number of EDs you can do during a particular period of time? I'm considering placing and picking up ED orders on an X3 and 3-series at about the same time or a few months apart.

Has anyone else ever done this, or tried to do it?

I have heard/seen the following:
1. There is no limit (heard from BMW USA ED helpline rep).
2. There is a limit of one ED per household per 6 months (seen on this board).
3. "Only one car per year can be purchased through the European Delivery Program" (e-mail from someone at harte-hanks, whoever they are, probably in connection with my phone call to the ED helpline). Not sure if this is per person, per household, per address...

Assuming you find a dealer willing to do an ED, then I would think they'd be happy to do as many as possible. Does BMW USA somehow monitor and control this?

Thanks.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
There shouldn't be any limit. Of course, all the cars have to be in your name, so there's no real grey-market opportunity. Indeed, I think some people here have posted about picking up 2 cars at the same time. Double your savings, double your fun!

The only limit of which I'm aware is on the once-per-year rebate through BMW CCA
YetAnother said:
Can anyone please say definitively whether there is some type of limit on the number of EDs you can do during a particular period of time? I'm considering placing and picking up ED orders on an X3 and 3-series at about the same time or a few months apart.

Has anyone else ever done this, or tried to do it?

I have heard/seen the following:
1. There is no limit (heard from BMW USA ED helpline rep).
2. There is a limit of one ED per household per 6 months (seen on this board).
3. "Only one car per year can be purchased through the European Delivery Program" (e-mail from someone at harte-hanks, whoever they are, probably in connection with my phone call to the ED helpline). Not sure if this is per person, per household, per address...

Assuming you find a dealer willing to do an ED, then I would think they'd be happy to do as many as possible. Does BMW USA somehow monitor and control this?

Thanks.
I agree there shouldn't be however..... what I think does not count.

There is a limit and it is exactly this: ".... ONE per family household, per six month.."
also, BMW authorized dealer (and its agents) are allowed ONE per year for their own use.

That's the rule and your truly knows is by hard. :rolleyes: This rule is setforth to serve a purpose.
Tanning machine said:
...There shouldn't be any limit. Of course, all the cars have to be in your name, so there's no real grey-market opportunity. Indeed, I think some people here have posted about picking up 2 cars at the same time. Double your savings, double your fun!....
I bet you wife is glad about that! :rofl:
beewang said:
That's the rule and your truly knows is by hard. :rolleyes: This rule is setforth to serve a purpose.
Wow. Totally unaware of that one. Understand the purpose . . . but does that mean one couldn't pick up two cars at the same time? I thought folks had reported doing that here.

Of course, BMW may have the rule, but not enforce it except in suspicious cases. And, bee, if you haven't been caught . . .
beewang said:

There is a limit and it is exactly this: ".... ONE per family household, per six month.."
also, BMW authorized dealer (and its agents) are allowed ONE per year for their own use.

Was the rule enacted because of you :D
beewang said:

what is the bmw cc

discount, or rebate?

06 e61 touring titanium grey/beige NAV, prem, rear air bags, sat, cold weath. stoked !
They ABSOLUTELY ENFORCE IT that is how I know the rules exist. :rolleyes:

Caught!!?? Why... my eh... girlfriend and I are not in the same household and nor are we a "family" :p I can't spell it out for you, you need to think it thru :eeps:
Tanning machine said:
Wow. Totally unaware of that one. .........Of course, BMW may have the rule, but not enforce it except in suspicious cases. And, bee, if you haven't been caught . . .
BMW CCA link

wagonman said:
discount, or rebate?

Wagonman. I had the same question. Did a quick search and now know enough that I want to sign up. Just gotta figure out how to sign up now.

Here's the link I just read

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96126&highlight=bmw+cca

-5 days at the VPC and every second feels like an eternity! Who knew ED could be this painful. :cry:
Its a check you get back for being a loyal customer and BMWCCA member.

www.bmwcca.org

Limit, one per year per member.
wagonman said:
discount, or rebate?
!
You also have to be a member for 1 year before you can take advantage of the check.
2005 745Li said:
wagonman said:
discount, or rebate?

Wagonman. I had the same question. Did a quick search and now know enough that I want to sign up. Just gotta figure out how to sign up now.

Here's the link I just read

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96126&highlight=bmw+cca

-5 days at the VPC and every second feels like an eternity! Who knew ED could be this painful. :cry:
However, sign your spouse up as an ASSOCIATE member ($5) and then you could, literally do EDs every 6 months and get two rebates/year.

However, your ASSOCIATE member must be one for a year and a day to qualify for the rebate.

I signed my wife up earlier this month...in a year she'll be eligible for the rebate. For $5, I couldn't get the CC out fast enough....
arnolds said:
Its a check you get back for being a loyal customer and BMWCCA member.

www.bmwcca.org

Limit, one per year per member.
The official rule is one per six months per household.
If your wife has a different last name, you can just put a different address on order form like her work or parents place etc and you're clear.
Where there's a will, there's a way. I'm sure you can think of something depending on your personal situation.
And remember, it's the date you pick your car from the US dealer that counts and not the Munich pickup for the rebate check so you can go do ED a little before the full year of membership.
Ågent99 said:
However, sign your spouse up as an ASSOCIATE member ($5) and then you could, literally do EDs every 6 months and get two rebates/year.

However, your ASSOCIATE member must be one for a year and a day to qualify for the rebate.

I signed my wife up earlier this month...in a year she'll be eligible for the rebate. For $5, I couldn't get the CC out fast enough....
:rofl:

Yeah, I guess you can cut it that close if ya like! :lmao:

:p
Wallenrod said:
And remember, it's the date you pick your car from the US dealer that counts and not the Munich pickup for the rebate check so you can go do ED a little before the full year of membership.
Are you absolutely SURE about that??!! :eeps:

CCA is VERY STRICT with their rules, and I know of 3 people got rejected using the US delivery date. Unless it work for you personally, I am affraid you may be wrong on this Wallenrod. :eeps:
Wallenrod said:
That is exactly what I did. I actually emailed and called BMWCCA to inquire about this and confirm. They were very explicit about it and send me the reply over email so I had it in writing just in case.
I am surprised people got rejected. Maybe there was more to it or maybe they changed this rule. I did my ED in May last year. I picked the car about 10 days before my 1 year anniversary.
beewang said:
Are you absolutely SURE about that??!! :eeps:

CCA is VERY STRICT with their rules, and I know of 3 people got rejected using the US delivery date. Unless it work for you personally, I am affraid you may be wrong on this Wallenrod. :eeps:
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.