BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a wrecked silver 1999 M roadster. It h as Black roadstar wheels with red stripes. The guy says it is a limited edition of only 4 in USA. I saw some wheels like this just a few days ago for sale on some site, Craigslist ot ebay? anyone have any information about this car? thanks

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Looking at a wrecked silver 1999 M roadster. It h as Black roadstar wheels with red stripes. The guy says it is a limited edition of only 4 in USA. I saw some wheels like this just a few days ago for sale on some site, Craigslist ot ebay? anyone have any information about this car? thanks
He's full of it. No such thing. :rofl:

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually ran the vin at the dealer today and it comes back as a special code appearance package. The dealer parts dept is going to look into it for me. I have seen aftermarket kits and the wheels look totally factory. I am a painter and collision tech by trade so I usually can tell. the stripes are alos a one piece custom cut not just 3 stripes laid down next to each other. I will follow up. An old wise man told me"just when you think you have seen it all , get ready to learn something new". never can tell

· Registered
11,548 Posts
Post a couple of pics of this "1 of 4" M Roadster so we can all see it.

· Registered
39 Posts
actually ran the vin at the dealer today and it comes back as a special code appearance package. The dealer parts dept is going to look into it for me. I have seen aftermarket kits and the wheels look totally factory. I am a painter and collision tech by trade so I usually can tell. the stripes are alos a one piece custom cut not just 3 stripes laid down next to each other. I will follow up. An old wise man told me"just when you think you have seen it all , get ready to learn something new". never can tell
If you run the VIN through this VIN decoder it may help with figuring out what you have here...

http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/

· Registered
11,548 Posts
Hmmmm . . . looks like Audi Sport stripes. Seems kind of odd for a "factory" BMW. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.