BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Skjoni's Dad
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
335i went into limp mode while driving about 110mph on the track. Was able to pit out, turned off the car. Turned it back on and seems fine. A guy at the event (this is the DelVal BMWCCA DE at New Jersey Motorsports Park) checked for a code and there was none. This same thing had happened 3 months ago while driving 25 mph. I took it to the dealer then and again-no code.

I have 2 more days of tracking and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again-it was a little hairy. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

I have the new hpfp (my 4th), and they replaced 5/6 injectors when they installed the new hpfp at about 25,000 miles (I have 55,000 now and I'm just out of warranty). I have the aux oil cooler and the reading was 250 at the time.

Thanks.

· Registered
5,699 Posts
Stuck thermostat?

· Skjoni's Dad
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
today during the second session it started hesitating again. no limp mode but my instructor feels (and I agree) that it's not safe to drive like this (we were doing high speed late point-by passes). So my weekend is cut short. All the codes a guy pulled for me at the track were fuel related (computer making adjustments for some short coming). Injector? HPFP (not again). :mad::mad:

· Registered
10,963 Posts
Showing 250 deg. should not be an issue. It's something else. Fan...water pump...I'd hate to think it was another HPFP.

· Banned
10,511 Posts
335i went into limp mode while driving about 110mph on the track. Was able to pit out, turned off the car. Turned it back on and seems fine. A guy at the event (this is the DelVal BMWCCA DE at New Jersey Motorsports Park) checked for a code and there was none. This same thing had happened 3 months ago while driving 25 mph. I took it to the dealer then and again-no code.

I have 2 more days of tracking and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again-it was a little hairy. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

I have the new hpfp (my 4th), and they replaced 5/6 injectors when they installed the new hpfp at about 25,000 miles (I have 55,000 now and I'm just out of warranty). I have the aux oil cooler and the reading was 250 at the time.
Water temp?

· Banned
10,511 Posts
today during the second session it started hesitating again. no limp mode but my instructor feels (and I agree) that it's not safe to drive like this (we were doing high speed late point-by passes). So my weekend is cut short. All the codes a guy pulled for me at the track were fuel related (computer making adjustments for some short coming). Injector? HPFP (not again). :mad::mad:
Which code numbers?

· Extended Euro Delivery
8,089 Posts
Really?

It hurts when I punch myself In the face. How do I make it stop?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Bimmer app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.