BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to back my car out of the garage and the idrive screen showed a slightly blurry BMW screen, and then faded and was replaced with slowly appearing and slowly changing red and purple lines through the screen. See pic.
I searched through the forums but couldn't find a similar problem. Seems most issues are just a black screen, or constant rebooting.
In my case:
- 2016 535i. 52k miles.
- I have tried pressing volume button for various amounts of time, never reboots.
- Sat over night with battery disconnected, rehooked, no joy.
- Bluetooth works
- Gauge cluster display works fine.
- Backlight adjustment adjusts idrive screen brightness correctly
- Lines occasionally fade in and out and change.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Yesterday I went to back my car out of the garage and the idrive screen showed a slightly blurry BMW screen, and then faded and was replaced with slowly appearing and slowly changing red and purple lines through the screen. See pic.
I searched through the forums but couldn't find a similar problem. Seems most issues are just a black screen, or constant rebooting.
In my case:
- 2016 535i. 52k miles.
- I have tried pressing volume button for various amounts of time, never reboots.
- Sat over night with battery disconnected, rehooked, no joy.
- Bluetooth works
- Gauge cluster display works fine.
- Backlight adjustment adjusts idrive screen brightness correctly
- Lines occasionally fade in and out and change.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!
A bad video connection -bad video cable, bad OEM HU- will show "NO SIGNAL" on the screen, or a plain black screen if the display is not getting any power. Unfortunately, there is nothing on the screen other than the lines. Looks like the screen is shot.

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
3,029 Posts
might wanna get somone who has the coding program to see if there are any errors possible reset the correct control module or program unit,
not sure which one of the top of my head

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
3,029 Posts
btw

Reset CCC
When the rotary pushbutton as well as the buttons CD/MD eject and DVD eject on the front panel are pressed simultaneously, the CCC runs a reset. Run according to the instructions in the test plan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts