BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the big volume movers and shakers!

COE Grouping F Region Market Center ID DBA Name COE Grouping
EASTERN
BMW of Sudbury
F
EASTERN
Herb Chambers BMW
F
EASTERN
BMW of Greenwich
F
EASTERN
BMW of Bayside
F
EASTERN
Habberstad BMW
F
EASTERN
BMW of Freeport
F
EASTERN
Life Quality BMW
F
EASTERN
Rallye BMW
F
EASTERN
BMW of Westchester
F
EASTERN
Paul Miller BMW
F
EASTERN
Prestige BMW
F
EASTERN
Park Avenue BMW
F
EASTERN
BMW of Manhattan
F
EASTERN
Open Road BMW
F
EASTERN
BMW of Freehold
F
EASTERN
BMW of Morristown
F
EASTERN
BMW of Springfield
F
EASTERN
Passport BMW
F
EASTERN
BMW of Silver Spring
F
EASTERN
BMW of Fairfax
F
EASTERN
BMW of Alexandria
F
SOUTHERN
Global Imports
F
SOUTHERN
United BMW of Gwinnett Place
F
SOUTHERN
Hendrick BMW
F
SOUTHERN
Fields BMW
F
SOUTHERN
South Motors BMW
F
SOUTHERN
Braman Motorcars
F
SOUTHERN
Braman BMW
F
SOUTHERN
Vista Motor Company
F
SOUTHERN
Lauderdale BMW of Fort Lauderdale
F
SOUTHERN
BMW of Dallas
F
SOUTHERN
Classic BMW
F
SOUTHERN
BMW of Houston North
F
SOUTHERN
Momentum BMW
F
SOUTHERN
Advantage BMW
F
SOUTHERN
BMW of Austin
F
SOUTHERN
BMW of San Antonio
F
WESTERN
BMW North Scottsdale
F
WESTERN
BMW of Las Vegas
F
WESTERN
Chapman BMW
F
WESTERN
BMW of Riverside
F
WESTERN
BMW of San Diego
F
WESTERN
McKenna BMW
F
WESTERN
New Century BMW
F
WESTERN
South Bay BMW
F
WESTERN
Beverly Hills BMW
F
WESTERN
Shelly BMW
F
WESTERN
Long Beach BMW
F
WESTERN
Irvine BMW
F
WESTERN
Crevier BMW
F
WESTERN
BMW of Honolulu
F
WESTERN
Center BMW
F
WESTERN
BMW of Monrovia
F
WESTERN
Pacific BMW
F
WESTERN
Valencia BMW
F
WESTERN
Bob Smith BMW
F
WESTERN
Rusnak BMW
F
WESTERN
Weatherford BMW
F
WESTERN
BMW Concord
F
WESTERN
BMW of Mountain View
F
WESTERN
Peter Pan BMW
F
WESTERN
BMW of San Francisco
F
WESTERN
Stevens Creek BMW
F
WESTERN
Kuni BMW
F
WESTERN
BMW of Bellevue
F
WESTERN
Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch
F

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
This seems to be a list of Center of Excellence Candidates in the large "SPG" (dealer size) category "F" There are many more variables to Center of Excellence than sales volume. Lead Conversion, Parts Volume, Purchases of Maintenance Upgrades, Service Effectiveness (efficiency) Loyalty rate, and more.

It doesn't necessarily mean you get the best deals, or best CAs or best service.

To defend my store, we are in downtown Seattle and in the "E" size category. Most people live outside of Seattle, so we're considered a smaller market size than even our neighbor 6 miles to the East, BMW Bellevue. They are on this F list.

But, we currently have an overall COE rank of 12th in the "E" group and tied for 59th in the country. Bellevue is last in the "F" group and 342nd in the country.

So it's an interesting measure if you look at it just be size category.

Tim O'Brien: what is your source for this info?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I can confirm about the "Center of Excellence doesnt necessarily = best deals" thing, as BMW of Murrieta CA has been on the list for either 4 or 5 years (Boris Said BMW of Murrieta), and when I engaged them as my local dealer, they were not interested in discounting an ordered car much... their exact quote from the CA was "we dont do discounts on ordered cars, I have never heard of that being done" (lmao).

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
The trick to get the best prices in high volume dealers is to find the highest volume CAs in those dealers.

E.g. my contact at local dealer is the internet manager, his volume is significantly higher than any other CA in the dealer, and his prices match/beat the board sponsors.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
No surprise to see BMW of Silver Spring, Passport BMW, BMW of Fairfax, and BMW of Alexandria on the 'Group F' list. The Washington, D.C. metropolitan area is one of the largest markets (if not the single largest) for BMW automobiles in the world.

All four of these dealerships are sponsors of the BMW CCA National Capital Chapter, the most active BMW CCA chapter and the one with the most members.

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
For sure SoCal is the epicenter and largest market of BMW in the US, given there are 17 Class F dealers! :D

NorCal pals in comparison, with merely 6.

The rest of the US looks like child play. :)

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
For sure SoCal is the epicenter and largest market of BMW in the US, given there are 17 Class F dealers! :D

Thanks for the info namelessman. I haven't visited Southern California recently, perhaps I should to check out the BMW car scene over there! :)

The president of BMW CCA National Capital Chapter mentioned that his chapter beat all of the chapters in California (and everywhere else) in terms of total membership and for number of events per year. He even got a Southern Californian who also spends time in the Washington D.C. region to write columns in the chapter's newsletter, Der Bayerische. ;)

Anyway, good observations about the geographic distribution of 'Group F' dealerships in the USA. The following metropolitan regions have more than one 'Group F' BMW automobile dealership:
  • New York-Newark, NY-NJ-CT-PA CSA
  • Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA CSA
  • Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA CSA
  • San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA
  • Boston-Worcester-Providence, MA-RI-NH-CT CSA
  • Dallas-Fort Worth, TX-OK CSA
  • Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Port St. Lucie, FL CSA
  • Houston-The Woodlands, TX CSA
  • Atlanta-Athens-Clarke County-Sandy Springs, GA CSA
  • Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ MSA

It wouldn't surprise me if these ten regions comprise the majority of BMW automobile retail sales in the USA.

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if these ten regions comprise the majority of BMW automobile retail sales in the USA.
It is true that the SF-SJ-Oakland Group F's(six of them) are clustered within a 60-mile diameter circle, while the 17 SoCal Group F's are spread across 120 to 150-mile diameter circle.

The LA-Long Beach metro area(excluding San Diego and Thousand Oaks and such) probably has 6-8(?) Group F's in a 60 to 70-mile diameter circle.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
BMW Dealers around me (within about 100-120 miles or so, which is definitely a distance that people would drive to buy an expensive car)

(work - Oceanside CA)

BMW of Vista - San diego
BMW of Encinitas
BMW of Escondido
BMW of San Diego
BMW of El Cajon
BMW of Irvine
Sterling BMW (Newport beach)
Crevier BMW

(home - 92591 -- not listing centers that are duplicates on both lists)

BMW of Murrieta
BMW of Riverside
BMW of Ontario
Shelly BMW
McKenna BMW
Long Beach BMW
BMW of Monrovia
New Century BMW
Nick Alexander Imports
South Bay BMW
Pacific BMW
Beverly Hills BMW
Century West BMW
Santa Monica BMW
Center BMW (van nuys)
Bob Smith BMW
Valencia BMW (first center to be 100+ miles.. this one is 103 miles)
Rusnak BMW (108 miles)
Steve Thomas BMW (122 miles)
Santa Barbara BMW (which is 166 miles and outside a "normal" distance one would go, but people certainly went there when our sponsor was there).

So... 24 Centers within 100 miles or so. Obviously not all "group F" but there is no lack of centers or BMW competition here in southern california (including san diego).

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

The nyc metro area has about 15 dealerships on the list. It not like Mercedes where 6 of the top 10 dealers are in the nyc metro area

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Interestingly, not a single dealership in BMW of NA's Central region is classified as 'Group F'. This region includes the Chicago, Detroit, and Minneapolis-St.Paul areas among others. I guess BMW automobiles are not sold in high volumes there, as they are in places like the Washington D.C. area. BMW of NA regularly hosts Ultimate Drive Event in Chicagoland, though.

·
Registered
2021 X5M
1,729 Posts
Interesting list, as 8 of my 9 BMW's leased/purchased since 2003 were from dealerships on this list. The 9th BMW was leasesd/purchased from a deceased forum sponsor who marked up the MF at the 11th hour for my 1st ED (excuse was my finance guy has to make some money) and couldn't match the slim deal pricing for the subsequent US PCD X3- it was a Midwest dealership not on this list. Makes total sense. With limited production allocation, non Group F centers are challenged for a slim deal.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Interesting list, as 8 of my 9 BMW's leased/purchased since 2003 were from dealerships on this list. The 9th BMW was leasesd/purchased from a deceased forum sponsor who marked up the MF at the 11th hour for my 1st ED (excuse was my finance guy has to make some money) and couldn't match the slim deal pricing for the subsequent US PCD X3- it was a Midwest dealership not on this list.
Ibiza, was that Midwest dealership in the Chicago area?

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
So... 24 Centers within 100 miles or so. Obviously not all "group F" but there is no lack of centers or BMW competition here in southern california (including san diego).
San Diego and Santa Barbara are 200+ miles apart. So one can pick a midpoint at 100 miles.

In comparison, Concord and Stevens Creek are within 60 miles, with a midpoint of 30 miles.

In that context, the density of dealerships(Group F or otherwise) of NorCal is slightly higher than SoCal. :)

·
Registered
2021 X5M
1,729 Posts
Ibiza, was that Midwest dealership in the Chicago area?
Motor Werks of Barrington. Wonder which US dealership is #1 now in ED sales volume?

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Motor Werks of Barrington. Wonder which US dealership is #1 now in ED sales volume?
Thanks Ibiza! Ah yes, Motor Werks of Barrington in the Chicago area. Their Barrington location has BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Infiniti, and Honda franchises all grouped together in a single campus. When I did BMW European Delivery in 2013, Motor Werks was famed for serving ED customers across the U.S. I don't know if they still have that reputation.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that the top ED sales volume BMW dealership is in the Washington, D.C. area - BMW of Silver Spring, Passport BMW, or BMW of Fairfax. I placed my European Delivery order with BMW of Silver Spring, and they were extremely well versed with all aspects of ED.

·
Ultimative fahrmaschine
1,318 Posts
I've got 7 prominent dealers within a radius of 35 miles. All seem to do a pretty good job of carving up the Chicago Metro market equally. That could explain why none appear on the list.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unless I missed some one (and I count Pembroke Pines BMW with their parent- Ft Lauderdale BMW), every south Florida BMW dealer is on the list.

Braman (Jupiter, WPB, Miami), Vista, Ft Lauderdale/Pembroke, South Motors

(Note: I'm not counting Coggin as they are too far north of the normally accepted "SoFL" / Gold Coast region)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Unless I missed some one (and I count Pembroke Pines BMW with their parent- Ft Lauderdale BMW), every south Florida BMW dealer is on the list.

Braman (Jupiter, WPB, Miami), Vista, Ft Lauderdale/Pembroke, South Motors

(Note: I'm not counting Coggin as they are too far north of the normally accepted "SoFL" / Gold Coast region)
I notice the same thing. South Florida bmw dealers are run by three dealership groups vista/south, Holman, and Braman. No wonder some of the them change $900 for dealer fee

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
I've got 7 prominent dealers within a radius of 35 miles. All seem to do a pretty good job of carving up the Chicago Metro market equally. That could explain why none appear on the list.
Thanks for your insight regarding the Chicago metro area pistolpuma, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the larger Chicagoland BMW dealerships (e.g., Motor Werks, Fields, Perillo, BMW of Elmhurst, etc.) are in 'Group E'?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts