BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my 325 has been sputtering for a couple seconds at startup. Runs smooth as silk thereafter. It could have to do with my intake or something, not sure though. If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know. Thanks!

Also, where you you guys get your mods done? I have a Devil (french) exhaust and can't find anyone with the 'cahones' to install it, other than BMW who will obviously charge me out the ass. Any suggestions?

· Registered
6 Posts
I have recently experienced some slight sputtering at startup. It happened about 3 days in a row and I had about a half tank of gas. Only happened when the car sat all night. Once I filled up with gas this week, it hasn't happened again.

· Lovin' My Bimmer
124 Posts
I have a similar, if not the same, issue. Almost every time I start the car, it takes a few seconds to start. It used to start right up, I think, but now it almost feels at times like it doesn't want to start. Never had a problem with it not starting, just noticed more recently it seems to take longer. I figured I'd check one at the dealership and see if I am just loosing it, and it's as designed.

· Registered
536 Posts
buhbyyy said:
I have a similar, if not the same, issue. Almost every time I start the car, it takes a few seconds to start. It used to start right up, I think, but now it almost feels at times like it doesn't want to start. Never had a problem with it not starting, just noticed more recently it seems to take longer. I figured I'd check one at the dealership and see if I am just loosing it, and it's as designed.
Any update to this...

· Registered
14 Posts
i am noticing a very large recent trend in this... i know a lot is going on with oil and fuel prices, could gas be a cause? just a shot in the dark. seems very coincidental that so many people are having the exact same problems....

· Registered
536 Posts
roadie said:
Any update to this...
They've just replaced the entire engine wiring harness and throttle body on mine...we'll see how she starts in the AM.

· Registered
196 Posts
I just had cam sensors replaced 1 month ago. Ran smooth as silk then. However starting about 3 days ago, I noticed significant vibration when starting up. New Ethanol formulated gas?? I only fill up at Shell so I'm using "branded" gas. I'll try adding some moisture remover to my tank to see if it helps.

· Registered
484 Posts
SchwartzBlack said:
I just had cam sensors replaced 1 month ago. Ran smooth as silk then. However starting about 3 days ago, I noticed significant vibration when starting up. New Ethanol formulated gas?? I only fill up at Shell so I'm using "branded" gas. I'll try adding some moisture remover to my tank to see if it helps.
I just recently noticed the same thing. I only have 7k miles on my car, always fill up w/ premium, and usually fill w/ Shell.

The last two times I started the car, it chugged and gurgled for the first minute or two w/ a very small pop. I was pullling out of my garage in NYC and gave a horrified look to the attendant when it made the sound. He just told me that it was normal because it was cold. Normal? This never happened before and it is definitely not normal.

I have no clue why this is happening. I'm going to try some dry alcohol or a comparable product to remove water from the tank. hope this works.

· Protect your (lug) nuts
4,987 Posts
I had a similar problem. replaced a fuel filter, o2 sensors, spark plugs and ignition coils over a period of 2 months. now the car runs good as new.. oh yeah, the air boot was also cracked, causing some power loss. had that fixed as well.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am experiencing the exact same symptoms on my vehicle and was wondering if anyone found an exact cause of this problem. I have recently replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, DISA and looked around for anything out of the ordinary. Car ran perfectly until this started happening. There are no fault lights on or anything to point me in the direction of the problem. Any advise is appreciated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.