BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ripsnort said:
Northwest BMW in Fife is running a special now, $35.95 for 6 cyl. engine oil change. I don't think I can do that myself for so cheap.
Rip,

You sure that is for Full Syn. I see ads for that too around me but when you look carefully, it says synthetic extra.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
It IS still possible that's for BMW synthetics...They can do some funny accounting and basically charge back BMW for "warranty work" AND still be paid by the customer for the work performed.

If you assume $80/hr labor and $1.95 a bottle for the oil (need 6), that's at least $32 for the oil change.

By the way, I do all my oil changes now too so it doesn't really matter to me how much dealership charge...Except Mobil SuperSynthetic is so damn expensive. :( Anyone know of a place to buy Mobil 1 really cheap?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Ripsnort said:
Hack, someone posted that they bought it by the case at Costco or Sams club relatively cheap.
I'd have to check, but last time I was at Sam's Club next to my house they only carry Quaker State. :(

But if they carry it I can actually order stuff online through Sam's Club's website and have it delivered or picked up at my local Sam's Club. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
480 Posts
The HACK said:

I'd have to check, but last time I was at Sam's Club next to my house they only carry Quaker State. :(

But if they carry it I can actually order stuff online through Sam's Club's website and have it delivered or picked up at my local Sam's Club. Thanks for the tip!
Hack,

I know for a fact that Costco carries it. It is about 20 or so for bottles, much cheaper than in the store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts