BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Llumar CTX

4129 Views 11 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Dork Knight
Just got back from Tint King. Had Llumar CTX installed. Thought I was going for Huper all the way and then when I got to the shop, the hue of the CTX went better with the colors of my car that I had to do it. I have DSB exterior with gray interior. This tint gives off a blue/gray/slight mirrored look. The results are great! It is a much better look than the "standard" black. Looks better than my factory tinted X5. I had 35% MA legal all the way around my E90. I could have opted for 25% in the back, but opted to stay uniformed all the way around. Pics to follow. BTW, I was recommended this shop from Bimmerfest and I would recommend this shop to fellow Bimmerfest members in MA. Kudos to Randy and his crew for making the car look sharper than it already was! :thumbup:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Many cell phones take excellent pictures.....
Just got back from Tint King. Had Llumar CTX installed. Thought I was going for Huper all the way and then when I got to the shop, the hue of the CTX went better with the colors of my car that I had to do it. I have DSB exterior with gray interior. This tint gives off a blue/gray/slight mirrored look. The results are great! It is a much better look than the "standard" black. Looks better than my factory tinted X5. I had 35% MA legal all the way around my E90. I could have opted for 25% in the back, but opted to stay uniformed all the way around. Pics to follow. BTW, I was recommended this shop from Bimmerfest and I would recommend this shop to fellow Bimmerfest members in MA. Kudos to Randy and his crew for making the car look sharper than it already was! :thumbup:
+1. Pics or it didn't happen!
Many cell phones take excellent pictures.....
Pics later today. Although the car is dirty and I am unable to wash it for 3-5 days, I will snap some photos after my cup o joe.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Here you can see the non tinted vs. the tinted.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Windshield Car Glass
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Bmw

These are in lower light. Will post some in higher light later.
??? Were you directed not to wash the exterior because of tint?
Pics later today. Although the car is dirty and I am unable to wash it for 3-5 days, I will snap some photos after my cup o joe.
Yes Dork. They even placed a sticker on window buttons stating not to wash windows. Also not to roll windows down. Although Randy (the guy at TK) said it would be ok to roll them down in 24h. I will keep them up for 3 days, just to be safe.
That part is pretty standard...don't roll them down, don't clean them using Windex, etc. but I've never heard of a customer being advised to avoid exterior washes. That's not to say they're wrong...I'm by no means an expert in this area. I just know my personal experience, which never had restrictions on exterior washes after a tint.

Personally, I think you're safe. But it's your call to make, obviously -- not some schmo from the interwebs.
Yes Dork. They even placed a sticker on window buttons stating not to wash windows. Also not to roll windows down. Although Randy (the guy at TK) said it would be ok to roll them down in 24h. I will keep them up for 3 days, just to be safe.
Isn't everything on the Internet a fact? LOL
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Bmw
Some pics in the sunlight. Looks sharp! Can't wait to clean it. Had to clean my Dad in laws Focus today to deal with the OCD

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.