Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about upgrading my Light Module to the 2nd gen version.
As far as I understand that would allow me to exchange some of the light bulbs to LED version without the required resistance that basically turns energy into heat and does nothing else.
I think the idea of using a total of app. 50 watt's of light bulb energy just to indicate that I am turning is crazy.
So if I exchange the LM to LM2 what do I need to think of otherwise? Is it correct that I can then use any kind of light emitting source or do I need to watch out for something else?
What about stop lights, running light etc..
Have any of you done it and if so what is your experience..?

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
I think you might have some things confused. You dont need an LM2 to install LEDs. All you need to do is code the LM1 to not do "hot" and "cold" checks on bulbs. Then you can put in any bulb, or no bulb without getting errors on your dash. People Install LM2 so that they can fully benefit from the LCI taillights and headlights.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Like DanielFD said you dont need LM2 for LED bulbs they can be easily coded out here are features for LM2

LM2 features:
- Angel eyes as DRLs
- Welcome lights, any light options
- Cornering fogs
- Custom settings for individual keys

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok - thanks don't know why I had that backwards. However what is the difference between welcome light and the light I get when I press the key fob? When I do it it stays on for quite some time..
Or is that for non Xenon based cards?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts