Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was in the shop just before the warranty expired for a leaking trans. They replaced a gasket and installed updated lines. My car was in the shop for 5 days so I had some wheel time with the 440ix convert. My car does have the mppk kit. The 440 was a slightly harsher ride, the steering was more sensitive to inputs and felt heavier and the b58 engine is a gem. My steering felt much better to me. Far less twitchy at highway speed. Basically better tracking on the highway with out corrections. Turn in at low speed driving felt nicer. The B58 engine pulls harder through the rev range. However, the transmission down shifted more often through out the rpm range. This made the power of the car feel a little uneven. Some of this comparison is not valid as I am comparing a coupe to a convertible. In summary I enjoy the seat time of my car way better than the loaner. My car will not last forever so I hope the new G20 coupe will feel better and have superior driving dynamics. :):angel:

·
F30 Driver
102 Posts
The engine is slightly more powerful in the 340/440 than the 335/435. I don't know which options this 440i had and which options your 435 has, but if it has the performance steering/active steering option, that may explain why things are different. The only loaner I've had while my '14 328 was at the dealer was a '17 330 Luxury Line, and I noticed little to no difference from my car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 335/435 Series had a mid cycle refresh in I believe 2016 and 2017. The suspension was altered along with the steering. The big change was the the new engine,B58, hence the 440 name. Of course the new name continues to make no sense as is the trend for all BMWs. I am almost positive my loaner did not have the variable steering as it did not even have the msport package. I think BMW went backwards with the steering and suspension tweaks for the mid cycle refresh. Although I am comparing a coupe to a covert so maybe not entirely valid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts