BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm just about to purchase a new 330i (6 Speed Manual, Sport, Premium, iDrive NAV, Sat, Sparkling Graphite on Black/Alum). The dealer closest to me is Bob Smith in Calabasas, CA, however i worked with fleetrates.com to get an incredible lease deal at McKenna BMW.

When talking with the sales rep at Bob Smith, he mentioned that if I did not purchase the car from Bob Smith BMW, then i would not get a loaner car when i bring my car in for service. Is he just saying this to get the sale? Or does this hold true? A sales rep at Rusnak in Thousand Oaks also said the same thing. When i had a Mercedes a few years ago, i could service it anywhere and get a loaner car.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I beleive it is up to the dealer. Most have the policy described though if you moved from another area, they might give you a break.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
enlightenment said:
Hi i'm just about to purchase a new 330i (6 Speed Manual, Sport, Premium, iDrive NAV, Sat, Sparkling Graphite on Black/Alum). The dealer closest to me is Bob Smith in Calabasas, CA, however i worked with fleetrates.com to get an incredible lease deal at McKenna BMW.

When talking with the sales rep at Bob Smith, he mentioned that if I did not purchase the car from Bob Smith BMW, then i would not get a loaner car when i bring my car in for service. Is he just saying this to get the sale? Or does this hold true? A sales rep at Rusnak in Thousand Oaks also said the same thing. When i had a Mercedes a few years ago, i could service it anywhere and get a loaner car.
Call the dealer's service department acting like you own a car already. Tell him you are coming in for your first oil change. See if they will provide a loaner. Most will.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
Most dealers (if not all) look up the customer at the time of making an appointment in their database.

I remember being at my dealer's service desk and watching them consult about a customer who hadn't purchased a car there but expected a loaner. The customer tried to snow them, but the database showed the car was purchased elsewhere. Hence, no loaner.

If you want a loaner from a particular dealer, buy from that dealer. It isn't such a great deal otherwise, is it?

My dealer valets the car, leaving a BMW loaner in my driveway, whenever I need service. I've only had to set foot in the dealership for ordering a new car (seems to be happening with alarming frequency) and redelivery when the car hits stateside.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Jspira said:
My dealer valets the car, leaving a BMW loaner in my driveway, whenever I need service.
Alexander BMW in Los Angeles does this as well (if you buy from them, of course)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
enlightenment said:

My experience has varied at different dealerships. When I moved from NY to NJ a few years back, I called one dealership near my house and they immediately asked me if I purchased the vehicle at their dealership. When I said no, they explained that loaners are reserved for their customers who purchased and if there was an overage, I could have one. I tried booking a date in the future but they were conveniently all taken. I then called another dealership in my area and they were more than happy to service my vehicle. Needless to say I purchased my next BMW from that dealership due to their service in combination with their price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts