BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the E39 M5 Forum - but there doesn't seem to be the volume of people to answer my question.

I guess an M5 may be different than a 530 or 540 but figured I would post here as well.

Here is my original post:

===============

Hi everyone -

Haven't posted in quite some time...bought a 2007 911 Targa last summer and the 02 M5 has become a garage queen. But did take her out of the garage for a nice long roadtrip to BMW driving school (which by the way is an absolute blast).

It was a hot weekend and a 7 hour drive to South Carolina for the school...so the air conditioning was seriously taxed. I had two issues:

1. Air conditioning really wasn't blowing cold air. Probably need a recharge of coolant, which I will take to indy to get done.

2. After taking a sharp turn (and having driven for some time) water started dripping on my right foot. After searching on the forum, it seems like the drain tubes from the AC drain pan may be clogged. I have searched and searched and can't locate any information where these are located so I can see if they are clogged. Anyone have a schematic or photo?

Many thanks!

David

===========

·
Under the lift arms
13,020 Posts
there are 2, when your standing under a e39 m5, both are located on either side of the transmission,

put the car on a lift, take a air gun blow it out.. 30 second job

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
On the 540 they drain almost dead center under the vehicle.
Would say left and right side of the transmission (directly under gearshift).
Use compressed air to blow out the tubes. Or use weed line to push it clear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Burning2nd and The AngryBear.

I don't have a lift but should be able to put on stands and get access; appreciate the help!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - drains were exactly where you said...blew them out with air compressor (the 90 degree bend made it hard to use weed wacker string). Since car had been sitting for a week I think things were all dry so wasn't able to see what, if anything, blew out.

any way, thanks again for the help

·
Under the lift arms
13,020 Posts
The other option is to blow them out from the inside, passenger side foot well.. on the center consel...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts