Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title.

Searched, and found repeated threads of members asking, a lot of denial, but no DIY thread, or links to parts/gaskets needed, and how to rent the N62 Valve stem Seal Removal Kit,
Please Advise, much appreciation in advance.

Chris

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I think all German auto has a diy video. Maybe not on e70 but if you’re tackling that job, the assumption is you’re able to manage removal of the bolted on stuff.
It’s not a job for the occasional weekend oil change and brake guy. Way more involved. Probably why no diy.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think all German auto has a diy video. Maybe not on e70 but if you’re tackling that job, the assumption is you’re able to manage removal of the bolted on stuff.
It’s not a job for the occasional weekend oil change and brake guy. Way more involved. Probably why no diy.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

Good to Go, I should have used a different acronym rather than "DIY", I apologize, I am merely looking for a thread or post, or even a blog that discusses the procedure, but more importantly is a lesson learned description. I>E, buying new o rings, gaskets ect on a part that you will have access to. Also, the best way to ascertain the valve stem removal tool N62 would be solid, rather than purchasing 1000$ tool kit. While I'm not a certified BMW tech, I am a mech eng. and work in restro mods.

thanks for the heads up "all German auto" Ill deep dive that also. Thanks brother

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
newTIS.infobeta
Home / BMW E70 X5 4.8i SAV / Repair Manuals and Technical Data / 11 Engine / 11 34 Valves with springs /
11 34 560Replacing all valve stem seals (N62)

Note: For use on the N62 engine, special tool 11 6 380 must be remachined in accordance with the illustration with a 6.2 mm dia. drill bit to a depth of A = approx. 45 mm. This modification has already been taken into account for reordering.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...s/11-engine/11-34-valves-with-springs/DuQU4dZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts